Toyota Nation Forum banner

2015 camry xse rust in trunk

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  replogle 
#1 ·
My previous camry was flooded last month. So i purchased a used Pearl white 2015 camry XSE with 18k miles on it and i discovered a line of rust inside the trunk on the driver side seam that connects the rear fender to the trunk pan. How could this of happened and doess anyone else have this problem? Im going to drop off the car at Fred Haas toyota tomorrow afternoon. I do not have pictures yet. Ive tried scrubbing the rust but it doesnt appear to go away.

#2 ·
after 1 year so many rust spots on the trunk area of my Camry. went to the dealership they said this is normal and it happens to every car.......... I went to call Corporate office and not helping this is something that you need to deal with the dealership.............

one of the worst car ever own....

Attachments

#5 ·
I had a line of rust about 1-1/2" on the bumper cover where the lid closes. Turns out the lid was rubbing and the paint removed, so it rusted.

Body shop owner looked and said bumper wasn't seated correctly and popped it back where it goes. Two minute trick. I just have to light sand, etch prime, and retouch the lip.

There SHOULD BE a slight gap between the two.

#7 ·
Please post some photos when you get a chance. Do you know if the car's previous owner was in Texas?.. or maybe it came from further north?

after 1 year so many rust spots on the trunk area of my Camry. went to the dealership they said this is normal and it happens to every car.......... I went to call Corporate office and not helping this is something that you need to deal with the dealership.............

one of the worst car ever own....
:surprise: This is terrible for a car so new. I've never seen anything like this on such a new car & I live in upstate NY where they dump tons of salt on the roads, so much that I think maybe a politician has a stake in the company that the state buys the salt from.

I try to keep my car in the garage when the roads are wet & salty. When I get home, I will me checking my car over for any signs of this...

#9 ·
Man, I just got a couple of dents from the salt truck throwing close to the car. Nothing like that. But watch behind your doors at the B pillar. I don't know if it's road rocks or seat belt clip hitting them.

A cheaper way for rust removal. Gun shop or Walmart. Birchwood Casey gun blue remover. Gun bluing is a rust. Then just use a Q tip. Could take 5-10 minutes. Wash it off good and hair dryer it to dry fast. Then fix it. Don't sand or brush it first.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Material property Cosmetics
. Cheap too for everyone's touch up kit. Really not sanding. It's fiberglass bristles. You twist out more as they wear.
Perfect for road rash fix too before paint.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.