Toyota Nation Forum banner

entune problems with '16 Camry

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Zephry7 
#1 ·
I absolutely love my ' 16 Camry SE, but I am really frustrated with the Entune and Apple iPhone integration. I am not sure if the problem is with Toyota, or the iPhone and Apple's software. It's really aggravating when I just want to hear my GPS over the car's speakers, that the audio system assumes I want to start listening to music, and it automatically starts playing my songs. So I then have to pause the music. If I go to change volume, the music automatically starts playing again. Sometimes if I just go to use the Siri Hands-Free, it will then automatically start playing my music. That's a huge annoying issue....

I am also discovering that the car...or phone....is proceeding to play songs in my music playlist that aren't physically downloaded to my phone, even though I have audio over cellular option turned off. It should only be playing songs that are physically on my phone.....but either the Camry or the iPhone is bypassing the fact I have it disengaged when the phone is connected to the Entune system.

Anyone else experience these frustrations? Does anyone think Toyota can do an update to the Entune software to fix this, or is this purely on Apple's side?

#2 ·
I don't have an Iphone but I can tell you that the Entune system is poorly designed and executed on so many fronts that it's hard to keep track of them. Toyota does not seem to be the least bit interested in dealing with any of the problems and has continued the use of Entune and the JBL audio system in the 2017 XLE models.

#3 ·
Go to the dealer and complain and see if they have a fix for it.
U did explain if U have it connected over BT or USB and iphone version.. will be extremely hard for ppl to understand your issue.
when you say U want to hear GPS over speakers... is it Apple maps or Google maps or something else?
U have a complex problem here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.