Toyota Nation Forum banner

Best Way to Clean Interior of 2015 Camry SE

16K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  scifiantistically 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased a used 2015 Camry SE (I had 1997 Camry LE for 7 years) and would like to know what's the best way to clean the interior of it. What are the decent products one can use to clean Softex seats or its multi-texture dashboard (don't know the exact material they are made out of)?

#2 ·
I use a product called 303. It is not a cleaner per say however it always gets rid of all the dust accumulated on my dash. Ive also used it on the synthetic se seats and it seems to work well. This is a bit more expensive and harder to find in stores compared to a product like armorall however I find it keeps my interior clean for a few months vs a few weeks when I used to use armorall. It also doesn't leave the dash feeling greasy like armorall used to. Just my opinion but I love the stuff.

https://spaandpoolstore.com/303-aer...RgDzEFzNHm_dopFEjTZboqTS6z8ZvZxFqJRoCM_bw_wcB

#3 · (Edited)
I've been using ArmorAll Natural Finish Detailer for years with much success. It does not leave the dash greasy like regular ArmorAll. I bought a certified 2013 Camry a couple of months ago. The dealer "detailed" the car which included making the whole inside greasy and shiny. A few rags and the product below got everything looking brand new without all the residue. I use it on the vinyl parts of the seats too.

http://www.armorall.com/products/protectants/natural-finish-detailer-protectant

#8 · (Edited)
Sprayway and micro fiber for glass - especially tinted.
Warm, damp cloth on dash and doors. Dry.
Aerospace 303: UV protection, NOT glossy, not slick. My GPS doesn't slide.
Fabric seats. You're screwed. They blotch when you clean them. Get seat covers. LOL. Use Foley initially though. Whenever dampened to clean, leave doors open to dry!!

#10 ·
Sprayway and mi to fiber for glass - especially tinted.
Warm, damp cloth on dash and doors. Dry.
Aerospace 303: UV protection, NOT glossy, not slick. My GPS doesn't slide.
Fabric seats. You're screwed. They blotch when you clean them. Get seat covers. LOL. Use Foley initially though. Whenever dampened to clean, leave doors open to dry!!

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk
one of the reasons i always opt for leather (or when its not available i buy the seats themselves or seat covers).

I went to buy a used car once and went to hook up an ODBII scanner under the dash. As i bent down/over i got a whiff of some funk. I smelled a little more thinking it might have been dog shit on the floor mats or something.

it ended up being years of the owners dirty sweaty ass on the fabric seat... that type of funk doesnt come out with regular cleaning.

Then i told myself, even if my ass is clean and hygienic, the passengers may not be. Especially after seeing how men can manage to soil the actual seat of the toilet in public restrooms. It really is a mystery to me how dirty some people can be. So, leather seats from now on.

As far as cleaning everything else, hot damp rag. most of whats needed is just dusting, unless you are a slob.

Invisible glass on the windows works great because it doesnt streak at all. make sure to get your rearview and vanity mirrors also.

Detailing/makeup brushes to get in between the cracks.

dryer sheets under the seats to smell nice.

When I stop to get gas or really stop anywhere I take a peek around inside and see what i can throw away.

What ive found though is regular cleaning goes a long way. If you do a little regular cleaning, it will never get dirty enough that you stop caring. I try not to eat anything in the car, nothing sucks more than dropping a french fry in between the seat and the center console where a vacuum wont fit and neither will your fingers.

#11 ·
Lexol cleaner or conditioner? I got a few tiny dirty spots and meguiars cleaner and conditioner and it didn't do much to the spots, however the leather looks nicer and feels softer now.

#14 · (Edited)
Leather cleaner/conditioner is really kind of pointless on Toyota leather because it doesn't actually soak in. It just sits in top because the leather is coated/sealed with urethane in most cases. So the conditioners and oils just sit on top of the leather (obviously the vinyl, too) and collect dust, which can cause more surface wear over the long haul...and absorb into your clothes.

A damp microfiber will clean most of what you need for basically any interior surface. If you have something more stubborn, Meguiars all-purpose cleaner. You can top it with whatever you want, but I prefer a natural/matte, dry finish.

I use:
Stoner Invisible Glass
Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner - cleans and protects, but leaves a natural matte finish.
Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant - great sealant, darkens the surface a little and leaves a really smooth, but not glossy finish. I use it on all leather, vinyl and plastic surfaces.

For cloth, after you've cleaned it, 303 Fabric Guard is hard to beat. I've also used it on ultra/microsuede in the past, and it works great. Spills just bead up, and don't soak in.

Reactions: sethr
#16 ·
Leather cleaner/conditioner is really kind of pointless on Toyota leather because it doesn't actually soak in. It just sits in top because the leather is coated/sealed with urethane in most cases. So the conditioners and oils just sit on top of the leather (obviously the vinyl, too) and collect dust, which can cause more surface wear over the long haul...and absorb into your clothes.
Even coated leather, unless it's freshly coated, takes conditioners and balms very well. At least in my case (3 years old leather) and my B-in-law cars (5 and 8 years old Lexuses) Meguiars leather balm made a huge difference. Looks like it's not designed for really deep cleaning, but it makes leather softer and nicer to touch. After soft buffing it leaves oily film on the surface, but just withing a few hours the film disappears (I guess it soaks in) with no trace. I conditioned my interior twice within a week and if after the first application the oil got soaked in in less than an hour, the second time it took more like 2+ hours and I can tell that leather became definitely softer.
There is one thing thought: Toyota leather and Lexus leather are not the same, especially perforated Lexus leather and unlike 10-15 years ago, they use leather only on seating surfaces.

Reactions: sethr
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.