Need help choosing the right Camry year - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

7th Generation (2012+) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2012+

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 Old 02-16-2017, 09:39 PM
RAV4World.com @dmin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chim- View Post
I just picked up at 2014.5 SE 4cyl.

I didn't like the body lines or grill of the 2015+ so this is a personal preference.

As for power I am completely satisfied. The 4cyl has plenty of get up and go and is definitely cheaper than the 6cyl.

I chose the 2014.5 because I wanted the factory back up cam.

I also bought certified used from Toyota for the added warranty.. good to ease anxiety.

Factory 18" rims look good too
My daughter just bought her first car with Dad's help. It's also a 2014.5 Camry SE 4cyl. Certified pre-owned from the same Toyota dealer that sold me my RAV4. She and I both liked the looks of it. While I'm used to the V6 in the RAV, this Camry has excellent power with the 2.5L 4--it's a joy to drive. With less than 34K miles, sunroof, and power seat she paid $16,325 which seemed like a good deal to me. Still under factory warranty with the CPO warranty to boot. Hers came with alloy wheels, but not as nice as yours:

Last edited by junebug1701; 02-16-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
The Following User Says Thank You to junebug1701 For This Useful Post:
DPFAST (02-18-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 Old 02-17-2017, 11:23 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug1701 View Post
My daughter just bought her first car with Dad's help. It's also a 2014.5 Camry SE 4cyl. Certified pre-owned from the same Toyota dealer that sold me my RAV4. She and I both liked the looks of it. While I'm used to the V6 in the RAV, this Camry has excellent power with the 2.5L 4--it's a joy to drive. With less than 34K miles, sunroof, and power seat she paid $16,325 which seemed like a good deal to me. Still under factory warranty with the CPO warranty to boot. Hers came with alloy wheels, but not as nice as yours:

Nice car! I actually really like the white!! I paid close to the same but I had 42k miles. They don't budge much on the price of these when they are certified :/
post #18 of 29 Old 02-17-2017, 11:55 AM
BeerSteakTxas

Thanked 1,025 Times in 851 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
They don't budge much on the price of these when they are certified :/
+1. And imo that's absolutely stupid. I tried to get a few CPO LE with 30K miles and all they were willing to do was $500-700 off, even though they were more than 30 days old, so I walked across the street and got the same year loaded XLE v6 with 40K for less. The certification cost Toyota and a dealer $500, but they want to make $2K+ on it.

2014 XLE v6 classic silver
B-Quiet/Pioneer/Beltronics/BlackSys/25-20-5 Tint
WagnerTQ/EBCultimax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 12:55 AM
RAV4World.com @dmin

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Nice car! I actually really like the white!! I paid close to the same but I had 42k miles. They don't budge much on the price of these when they are certified :/
Yeah, my sales guy would not budge either--he said they had already reduced the price from the week before. How did you get those awesome rims? Was that part of some option package? This one came with an "extra value package" which seems to consist of a moon roof and power driver's seat.
post #20 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Yeah, my sales guy would not budge either--he said they had already reduced the price from the week before. How did you get those awesome rims? Was that part of some option package? This one came with an "extra value package" which seems to consist of a moon roof and power driver's seat.
The prices are allover the place. In Chicago where I am from you gotta pay $16K or more for '14 4L with 30K or so miles. In Florida the asking price for '15 4L with the same miles or even less is only $12K !! I wonder if would be a good idea to buy Toyota over the internet and pay the extra $500 for shipping without the test drive? What could possibly be wrong with almost brand new Toyota? Example:

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/28009693

Any thoughts?
post #21 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Supreme Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPFAST View Post
The prices are allover the place. In Chicago where I am from you gotta pay $16K or more for '14 4L with 30K or so miles. In Florida the asking price for '15 4L with the same miles or even less is only $12K !! I wonder if would be a good idea to buy Toyota over the internet and pay the extra $500 for shipping without the test drive? What could possibly be wrong with almost brand new Toyota? Example:

Any thoughts?
More and more independent used car inspection contractors are out there on the net to evaluate a car for "over-the-net" purchases. Still it would be best to be familiar with the model if not the actual car under consideration.

KitaCamry: an 05 J-vin LE 2.4/5-sp manual tranny with 17" Italian rims!....Enjoy your J Y T Y
post #22 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 10:10 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:

Any thoughts?
Could've been a rental also, or been in a wreck or could've been a lease return purchased at auction. Best way to find out is go ask the seller
post #23 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 10:12 AM
Official TN Member

It's also interesting that one pic shows a different head unit than the car actually has. Could just be a mistake
post #24 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 10:17 AM

Supreme Member
I noticed too that the closeup of the head-unit is different from the pic of overall dashboard.

KitaCamry: an 05 J-vin LE 2.4/5-sp manual tranny with 17" Italian rims!....Enjoy your J Y T Y
post #25 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steptide View Post
Could've been a rental also, or been in a wreck or could've been a lease return purchased at auction. Best way to find out is go ask the seller
Actually, this website Carsforsale.com allowed me to run the VIN report and came in clean. All sales dates and reported milage was listed as well.
post #26 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
It's also interesting that one pic shows a different head unit than the car actually has. Could just be a mistake
Probably a mistake. Despite that very good price for a 2015 Camry SE I think?
post #27 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 10:34 AM

Supreme Member
Looks like a good price to me...nice that it's a Florida car.
DPFAST likes this.

post #28 of 29 Old 02-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Quote:
Probably a mistake. Despite that very good price for a 2015 Camry SE I think?
Yes, definitely a good price. I'd go take a look at it if you're interested. With only 30k miles on it, the warranty should still be good. I'd be a bit wary though if it was a rental. Where I live in NY, you can get camrys at that price but they're always former rental cars.
DPFAST likes this.
post #29 of 29 Old 02-19-2017, 04:25 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank very much for the info. I am very big on a great sound system and a definitely I have to be able to connect my Android phone to it. I've upgraded my 99 Camry radio to an Android system and i am not sure if I could live without it anymore, very addictive so I wonder if would be possible to upgrade the stock head unit with an aftermarket one or would that cancel its warranty on the newer Camrys?
I am not sure about the warranty, calling the dealer is a better idea.

But I maybe the right person to answer the radio upgrade question. I have been doing a lot of research on upgrade the stock radio with an aftermarket one. It is definitely doable. The thing is that Camry has a very fancy center console and if you replace the radio, your center console is going to look like this, two threads I found replaced the radio:

Replaced 2015+ Entune Premium w/ Nav (non-JBL) headunit with Alpine 8" & Maestro
JBL Audio Head Unit replacement on '15 Camry?

Personally, I feel the center console looked very desolate with the aftermarket radio. I was thinking to replace the radio and glue some fake knob on the panel to make it looks better.

Moreover, the aftermarket radios with android auto and apple carplay are $400+, such as Sony XAV-AX100, Pioneer AVH-4100NEX, 4200NEX. And there is $100+ for installation kits (Metra 99-8249) and cable converters(Metra AX-TOYUSB-2 for USB port, METRA AXXESS ASWC-1 for steering wheel control). You also lose the car settings such as DRL on/off, door lock mode, etc., in your stock radio. Well, if you spend another $100 for the Mastro idatalink interface for your aftermarket radio, you can have these settings back. Replacing the radio in modern cars is much more harder than in old cars, it is no longer just connecting the power and speaker wires. I just replace the radio for my friend in his 2011 corolla. That's really easy.

I know this is off the topic, but Toyota is really lacking on the smartphone support on their radio. Their car won't provide android auto or apple carplay any soon. They stick with their old mind and terrible Entune system. Hope they don't end up like Nokia with their Symbian system. Have you tried the new Accord? They provide both apple carplay and android auto in their 2016+ model. The reason I went with my 2015 Camry is because it is quieter than the 2015 Accord. But I read reviews saying that Honda has greatly improved their cabin quietness in 2016+ models.
DPFAST likes this.

2003 Corolla LE
2015 Camry SE

Last edited by HHAH; 02-19-2017 at 04:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HHAH For This Useful Post:
DPFAST (02-19-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)