Sirius radio in a 2012 SE - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)

7th Generation (2012+) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2012+

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View m.ruby02's Photo Gallery
Sirius radio in a 2012 SE

Hello,
I am buying a 2012 camry SE (4 cyl.) in a couple weeks and had a question about the radio.. This is my first brand new car so I cannot really afford all the options the vehicle offers (bummer) anyway, I am currently a subscriber to sirius radio and my question is; I will be ordering the vehicle as a base 4 cylinder SE with no addtional options other than what comes with the SE package. I found from best buy an adapter that can plug into any "sirius ready" toyota stereo. Is the base radio in my car sirius ready or will i still have to have the sirius tuner up on the dashboard? Here is the link for the product i mentioned...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Audiovox...&skuId=2871834
m.ruby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

View Giddswat's Photo Gallery
I am in the same boat as you and nobody at the dealer could give me a straight answer, that would be great if that is all we need to add XM.
Giddswat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

It really would, certainly beats paying the extra $700 for toyota to get it built in.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Anybody have some insight on this?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
New TN User

View tedg's Photo Gallery
m.ruby02,
First thing I would do is call Sirius directly and ask them if they have any deals going on? Six years ago when my first sirius radio died after a year of heavy use I called them and they gave me a Stilletto 100 radio, a home kit and a car kit for way under price. When I just called them again last week after I bought my new toyota to find out how to get Howard on my SiriusXM radio they gave me a great deal and offered my a second radio that I did not need. Good luck with the new car. tedg
tedg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Just called sirius and since I'm a newer subscriber they had no real deals going on. What I am wondering though is, is the base model radio in a 2012 camry se sirius ready or would I have to get the more expensive radio to do that? I just don't want to have the sirius tuner on my dash anymore..
Old 12-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $138900
View AussieAg's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ruby02 View Post
Just called sirius and since I'm a newer subscriber they had no real deals going on. What I am wondering though is, is the base model radio in a 2012 camry se sirius ready or would I have to get the more expensive radio to do that? I just don't want to have the sirius tuner on my dash anymore..
If you're unable to get an answer, I'd just go down to the dealership and see if you can set it up from the car.
AussieAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $213201
View ewkid's Photo Gallery
I couldn't find anything in the manual about it. My SEI4 doesn't seem to indicate that it supports "SAT" in the list of sources. So if it has some kind of native support it is very well hidden.
ewkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $138900
View AussieAg's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewkid View Post
I couldn't find anything in the manual about it. My SEI4 doesn't seem to indicate that it supports "SAT" in the list of sources. So if it has some kind of native support it is very well hidden.
I have the SE i4 with convenience package and everything else below it, and it supports XM. I don't know about the non-Entune ones though.
AussieAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
New TN User

View MetFan53's Photo Gallery
Unfortunately you need the Entune, as the base radio does not support Sat radio. I wanted the LE, but it did not give any options, i got the SE with the Nav and Entune..
MetFan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
New TN User

View scrabbler's Photo Gallery
Ok, I'm in the same boat. A Sirius subscriber, with a new 2012 Camry SE with base radio. All I did was install my antenna, and plug the Sirius receiver into the 12V plug in the "garage". I chose to use the FM transmitter option but you can use the AUX option also for better sound. Not the best, but for me, this works until my warranty runs out.
scrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
New TN User

View mdurbs68's Photo Gallery
Same boat as a few here. Current XM subscriber and bought SE with base radio. I called and told them to cancel my subscription. They did the oh why routine and I told them new car and not set up for satellite radio. They sent me no charge an ONYX XM receiver and an install card which gets the ONYX installed for no charge. ONYX plugs into aux jack and works fine. This would be only for current subscribers though.
mdurbs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cosmic SE

View WATKNS's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbs68 View Post
Same boat as a few here. Current XM subscriber and bought SE with base radio. I called and told them to cancel my subscription. They did the oh why routine and I told them new car and not set up for satellite radio. They sent me no charge an ONYX XM receiver and an install card which gets the ONYX installed for no charge. ONYX plugs into aux jack and works fine. This would be only for current subscribers though.
Curious where you all that have installed the Onyx Radio have the antenna installed? Anyone keep it in the car?
WATKNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
New TN User

View SexyCamry's Photo Gallery
I put my antenna on top the speaker grill on the front passenger side. I hid the wire under panels, ran in through the glovebox, and again hid it under the rear plastic piece under the head unit. It works out great, my signal has always been 3 bars. When I had the setup in my Kia I did the same thing. I never place the antenna outside cause I'm paranoid it would get caught on something.

When I installed my backup camera, I was thinking about putting the antenna on the rear deck, and running its wire with the camera's wires to the front by going around and under the driver seat. That option will work too I suppose, it'll be just more involved.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
SexyCamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)