#1 Old 05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Canada Humming noise

First time poster from Canada here, 2012 SE 4 cylinder. Noticed the other day a humming noise from under the rear trunk area, maybe an evap test, seemed to be running for several minutes, I did key on/off and it shut off. How often does this run, is it a battery drainer? PS-love the car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by older View Post
First time poster from Canada here, 2012 SE 4 cylinder. Noticed the other day a humming noise from under the rear trunk area, maybe an evap test, seemed to be running for several minutes, I did key on/off and it shut off. How often does this run, is it a battery drainer? PS-love the car!
When I first got my car, I hear a rather loud noise similar to what you described. I'm not sure what it was, and I never heard it again after that one time .

2012 Camry I4 SE
Toyota Owner's Manual PDFs
If my post helped you, then thank you for the thank you.
#3 Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 AM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by older View Post
same here! about a week ago, i was in the garage waxing the leather seats at night. heard a buzzing noise near the rear of the car. i thought it sounded like someone running an air pump outside to pump up their tires or something. i brushed it off.

last night, i heard the same buzzing noise again. time to investigate. i opened the garage and the neighborhood was peep quiet. it is coming from the bottom rear left of the car! i panicked and what do a guy to do? google!

found similiar reports on Edmonds.com point to fuel evaporation leakage check and it is normal. found on page 19 of owners manual.
The Following User Says Thank You to tre36 For This Useful Post:
jblano (12-18-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)