entune update... its heeeeeeeeeeerrreeeeeeeee - Page 3 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)

7th Generation (2012+) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2012+

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Gameroom cash: $160450
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View doznI4SE's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doznI4SE View Post
Can all who try this Entune update on a US spec 2012 Camry please post your results. Thanks!
Allow me to respond to my own post, if I may .....

- I downloaded the .zip file, unzipped it, put the log file and .iso on a USB stick,
- inserted the USB stick into the car,
- used the smart key to put the car in Ignition On mode (without actually starting the car and wasting gas - the update prompt says engine should be running ),
- turned the audio system on if necessary,
- responded yes to the Entune 2.1.0 update prompt,
- waited for < 5 minutes for the update to finish (during stage 8 of 8, the display blanks out for a sec or two),
- when the update finished and the radio rebooted, said no to reinstalling update,
- turned radio off and unplugged USB stick, turned radio back on.

Update appears to be successful based on additional apps being present and system still working. I don't have a smart-ass phone , so I cannot verify the apps. My phone seems to connect a bit faster as mentioned by others. My car has a standard Nav w/ Entune (non-hdd).

It's worth watching the update video
from earlier link

Last edited by doznI4SE; 07-01-2012 at 03:07 PM.
doznI4SE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
New TN User

View SL0MAR's Photo Gallery
Just did the same on my 2012 Camry SE V6 US w/DA. Only no log file. Make sure you unzip the entune.zip file, then just drag the iso file to a freshly formatted USB stick to be safe. I used Fat32. Same as above... it works. Tested iHeartRadio app... worked perfect.
SL0MAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #33 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View headac3e's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doznI4SE View Post
I don't have a smart-ass phone , so I cannot verify the apps. My phone seems to connect a bit faster as mentioned by others. My car has a standard Nav w/ Entune (non-hdd).
do you have an ipod touch with bluetooth? in theory i think it would work if you can pair it with your car (and via wire) and install the entune app. then utilize your home wifi with the ipod

not sure if this works but if u just happen to have one (i personally dont, gen1 ipod touch--no bluetooth), may be worth a try. i know it works on my android phone that has no service but connected to my home wifi though

Last edited by headac3e; 07-02-2012 at 01:06 AM.
headac3e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headac3e View Post
do you have an ipod touch with bluetooth?.........
I don't have any of these: "The Entune app is compatible with most Apple iPhone®, Android™ and Blackberry® smartphones."
Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #35 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View onequan's Photo Gallery
gen 7 Entune update. Email?

Success! Downloaded the update (which the site tried to piggy back some other stuff on the download, so be careful), put it in a folder on my usb stick called "entune update", stuck it in my usb port, didn't work, took the files out the entune update folder, put them in the root folder of the usb stick, stuck it back in the usb port, got the update prompt, let it do its thing and now I have the updated apps available. At this point, I'm curious as to how to enable the "email" option. I have an android phone. Any ideas?
onequan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
New TN User

View pimpdad82's Photo Gallery
I downloaded the new update from the link that someone posted and successfully updated my Entune. Everything seems to be working well.
pimpdad82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onequan View Post
........which the site tried to piggy back some other stuff on the download, so be careful...
I forgot to mention that when I downloaded from that link, I responded to not use their downloader, which wanted to download a .exe file. Then it allowed a direct download of just the ENTUNE.zip file.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
Del The Funky One

View Delay_FTB's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastpointvet View Post
I'm on iOS 6 it doesn't read texts but any tweets or facebook messages I get it will read them but I can't reply from the car
How's that? Are you a developer or just have the SDK? iOS 6 won't officially release until the fall, at which point, who know's what will be supported between that and Entune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2Xrunner
With a bangin sound system, Carputer with online connection, 1+ lateral G's, and a Twizler Dispenser. That's pimp right there.
Delay_FTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #39 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $353000
View Blochead21's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delay_FTB View Post
How's that? Are you a developer or just have the SDK? iOS 6 won't officially release until the fall, at which point, who know's what will be supported between that and Entune.
It's pretty easy to find iOS 6 online. Your not supposed to use it if your not a developer but it takes minutes to install. There are a bunch of new features but like you said a lot of things will change between now and October.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #40 (permalink)
New TN User

View cgl4au's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevon View Post
I received the update for my Prius and posted first impressions on another site here:
http://priuschat.com/threads/got-my-.../#post-1589666

I also uploaded the contents of the USB http://www.sendspace.com/file/00cwar
Thanks so much for doing this! I got the email, but had yet to receive the USB thumb drive, and therefore growing impatient ;-).

The install went smoothly on my DA unit and I can confirm that all of the new apps are there. My only gripe is that the sound quality from iHeartRadio is pretty crappy, but I am happy to report that Pandora's high quality audio setting actually works now !! I haven't really tried OpenTable or MovieTickets.com yet but plan to in the near future.

Last edited by cgl4au; 07-03-2012 at 11:07 AM.
cgl4au is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to cgl4au For This Useful Post:
Delay_FTB (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
New TN User

View bono1's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEDDLU View Post
It was successful to update my DA system to 2.10 on my Canadian Camry se by using the file above. However none of the APPS updated on my vehicle, but I am sure the code must be contain "the entune apps". So that will be great if someone can modify the code from
if ( US DA ){
update apps;
}
to
if (true){
update apps;
}

I also have a canadian Camry, please let me know if everything is succusseful and i will update my car.. Thanks
bono1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
New 2012 Camry XLE owner

Garage
View RochHam's Photo Gallery
USA New version working fine on Entune/basic Nav pkg w/Android phone

I got my USB chip yesterday and today while waiting for my wife did the install on my Camry XLE I4 with the basic Nav/Entune system. I did NOT have the car running but as an earlier comment mentioned had my switch in what I would call the ON position; note I have the push button starter so that is the 2nd push, not the 1st ACC push. Everything went exactly as the instructions list and after completing the 5 min install and pulling the USB out I had the APPS screen with the three new options. There are no Open Table restaurants outside of the larger metro areas but here in SE Minnesota I did see our 3 local megaplex theatre complexes with accurate movie listings on the Movies button.

I am impressed with the iHeart radio and in over 20 minutes of cruising with the Smooth Jazz and Eagles radio stations did not hear any commercials. I did dial in the internet version of our local Classic rock station for one song which was in synch with the FM band version. I was thinking maybe I should not have jumped at a year of XM (my wife got it as a birthday present for me and trust me, you can get it with some negotiating -much- cheaper than what they quote in the mailing) HOWEVER, I still see the Entune iHeart just like the Pandora, great for 30+ min cruising as long as you receive cell phone data but if you are just running a few miles into town for errands the XM (or standard radio, CDs, MP3s on USB) are instantaneous restarts and Entune is a 2 minute startup time at least with my Verizon Samsung Stratosphere 3G smart phone. That's true even if you are waiting for someone with the ignition in ACC and do a quick car start - the Entune has to do a 2 minute restart. So far it seems like after 5 stop/starts I was always able to get back to iHeart without restarting my phone which was a problem I'd noticed the past 3 months owning both the car and phone ... perhaps this Entune 2.0 upgrade fixed some of those connection problems? Actually it doesn't automatically restart, I had to turn on the audio system and hit the APPS and iHeart manually each time, but at least I did not get error messages.

Note I did not try out the Entune voice recognition system. I have had very good luck with the recognition calling Contacts on my phone but have not had good luck using it with either Navigation or Radio controls in the past and typically use the steering wheel controls for changing radio controls instead.
RochHam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
New TN User

View melhaus's Photo Gallery
Ok, so i loaded off the USB fine. IHeart works. But I find that my music USB that worked find before the update - now has a sync issue where it freezes up. If I turn off the car remove it and start it over again, it'll play for a while and eventually freeze up. Yes, it's a big stick with a lot of music - but it worked fine before I updated.

Anyone else have this problem?
melhaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $119300
View jlflick's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by melhaus View Post
Ok, so i loaded off the USB fine. IHeart works. But I find that my music USB that worked find before the update - now has a sync issue where it freezes up. If I turn off the car remove it and start it over again, it'll play for a while and eventually freeze up. Yes, it's a big stick with a lot of music - but it worked fine before I updated.

Anyone else have this problem?
I used my 8g stick to update, no problem, reloaded 8g of .mp3s (2435 files in 3 folders) and I've not had any problem with playing them.

HOWEVER it seems like startup is slower, the TOYOTA splash screen comes on 2X and first song is slower to start?

jlflick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
New TN User

View zerch911's Photo Gallery
update success

Just updated from the posted link and everything worked perfect. I used an old 512mb usb stick and just unzipped on the pc and dragged the two files over to the blank stick. Did not have to have the car running, just the first press using the smart key.
Kinda disappointed that all the voice commands for all the apps dont work from the steering wheel, but they all seem to be working and respond well.
zerch911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)