Toyota Nation Forum banner

entune update... its heeeeeeeeeeerrreeeeeeeee

56K views 108 replies 61 participants last post by  AmanteNJ 
#1 · (Edited)
welcome to 2.1.0 ...of course no txt email with the iphone but i do like having my iheart radio. haven't played with it too much but tested voice function a little bit to find stations.

i know most dealers won't have the hardware nor will have the information yet so don't run to the dealer yet, im sure within the next few days they will have a tsb released for the new update.

for those of you that haven't had 1.8.4 done don't worry this new flash overrides that and it is no longer useful.. total upload time was about 4 minutes, much faster then the last update which took about 15 minutes

and the proof...

Notice the voice command in the top right.. now just to get some photo's and txt...

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
i never had an issue with voice recognition in navigation or going through songs and there is no change in this update for that. now you can choose stations though app's, find artist and such with voice commands.. its a nice touch for those like myself just driving a long and in the mood to listen to something not stored on my phone.

#7 ·
on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich + Sense 4.0

Sprint HTC EVO 3D ( rooted )

i have access to e-mails through Toyota Entune.

i don't believe I can read them while I'm driving of course, this function didn't work before I was on Android 2.3 - 2.4 + Sense 3.0

so when I saw the ability to use it, i was like cool it works at least.

question: how many of you guys like BING compared to GOOGLE searches or Yelp?

i wonder if they'll ever incorporate Yelp into our search functions.

will be looking forward to those updates !
thank you for the information

#11 ·
If there is an ability to rearrange the apps icons, I'll be darn happy. I would careless for bing or weather so I refer it to the last screen and move traffic to the first screen along with Map, fuel price, pandora, iheart ... for all entune features/apps, other than map, fuel price and traffice are the 2 I use most often so I prefer those to be on 1st screen ...

#12 ·
tsb had been revised as of today. If you call your local dealer reference to TSB-0026-12, now this is not applicable to your warranty so I don't know if they will provide the service free of change or you will need to pay a fee.

#13 ·
Based on this post previously ONEREASON says that in talking to Toyota that they were going to ship the update to your home??

See post below:

06-26-2012, 07:49 PM #4 (permalink) onereason
New TN User

Gameroom cash: $3800
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH2O
I assume you have to have a phone w/internet to download this. I have Entune but a standard bluetooth cell phone. Other option is the dealer. Can you download from the internet on flash drive and apply through the USB port?

After reading this post, I called Toyota and they said the update will be mailed out to every camry owner on a usb drive with instructions. I received an email from Toyota detailing this about 2 or 3 months ago as well.

#17 ·
Just got this email from Toyota in my inbox confirming that they will ship out a usb:

Dear Toyota Owner,
Thank you for your recent purchase of a new 2012 Toyota. We hope you are enjoying all of the great features and functions in your new vehicle, especially Toyota's revolutionary new multimedia system– Entune®!
We are very pleased to announce that in the coming weeks, you will be receiving an upgrade for your Entune system. This upgrade will be delivered at no cost to you and will provide three new applications for your Entune equipped vehicle: iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com™ and OpenTable®. In addition, the upgrade will add voice recognition capability for all of your Entune apps, making the use of Entune easier than ever!
This Entune upgrade will be delivered to you via US Mail on a USB memory stick (flash drive.) In case you are not familiar with these devices, a USB memory stick is a computer memory device that will be preloaded with the Entune software. You will need to follow the simple instructions that will be included with the package to complete the upgrade and the entire process should take around five minutes.
The USB memory stick will be arriving in your mailbox in the next few weeks. It will be in an envelope that is clearly labeled "Your Entune Update is Enclosed". Please be on the lookout for it and be careful not to discard it as junk mail.
The Entune upgrade will also be delivered to your smartphone app. You may see the new applications on your smartphone before you receive the USB memory stick in the mail. Please be aware that the new apps will not work until you have installed the upgrade from the memory stick into your vehicle's multimedia system using your Toyota's USB port.
Thank you again for your purchase and we hope you enjoy the new capabilities of your upgraded Entune system.

Sincerely,
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A, Inc.

#19 ·
Can someone please upload the full content of the USB? I am wonder if this update fits to Canadian Camry.

#40 · (Edited)
I received the update for my Prius and posted first impressions on another site here:
http://priuschat.com/threads/got-my-entune-flash-drive-today.111531/#post-1589666

I also uploaded the contents of the USB http://www.sendspace.com/file/00cwar
Thanks so much for doing this! I got the email, but had yet to receive the USB thumb drive, and therefore growing impatient ;-).

The install went smoothly on my DA unit and I can confirm that all of the new apps are there. My only gripe is that the sound quality from iHeartRadio is pretty crappy, but I am happy to report that Pandora's high quality audio setting actually works now :clap:!! I haven't really tried OpenTable or MovieTickets.com yet but plan to in the near future.

Reactions: Delay_FTB
#29 ·
It was successful to update my DA system to 2.10 on my Canadian Camry se by using the file above. However none of the APPS updated on my vehicle, but I am sure the code must be contain "the entune apps". So that will be great if someone can modify the code from
if ( US DA ){
update apps;
}
to
if (true){
update apps;
}

#31 · (Edited)
Can all who try this Entune update on a US spec 2012 Camry please post your results. Thanks!
:clap:Allow me to respond to my own post, if I may :thankyou:.....

- I downloaded the .zip file, unzipped it, put the log file and .iso on a USB stick,
- inserted the USB stick into the car,
- used the smart key to put the car in Ignition On mode (without actually starting the car and wasting gas - the update prompt says engine should be running :dunno:),
- turned the audio system on if necessary,
- responded yes to the Entune 2.1.0 update prompt,
- waited for < 5 minutes for the update to finish (during stage 8 of 8, the display blanks out for a sec or two),
- when the update finished and the radio rebooted, said no to reinstalling update,
- turned radio off and unplugged USB stick, turned radio back on.

Update appears to be successful based on additional apps being present and system still working. I don't have a smart-ass phone :lol:, so I cannot verify the apps. My phone seems to connect a bit faster as mentioned by others. My car has a standard Nav w/ Entune (non-hdd).

It's worth watching the update video from earlier link

#32 ·
Just did the same on my 2012 Camry SE V6 US w/DA. Only no log file. Make sure you unzip the entune.zip file, then just drag the iso file to a freshly formatted USB stick to be safe. I used Fat32. Same as above... it works. Tested iHeartRadio app... worked perfect.

#35 ·
Entune update. Email?

Success! Downloaded the update (which the site tried to piggy back some other stuff on the download, so be careful), put it in a folder on my usb stick called "entune update", stuck it in my usb port, didn't work, took the files out the entune update folder, put them in the root folder of the usb stick, stuck it back in the usb port, got the update prompt, let it do its thing and now I have the updated apps available. At this point, I'm curious as to how to enable the "email" option. I have an android phone. Any ideas?

#37 ·
........which the site tried to piggy back some other stuff on the download, so be careful...
I forgot to mention that when I downloaded from that link, I responded to not use their downloader, which wanted to download a .exe file. Then it allowed a direct download of just the ENTUNE.zip file.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.