[Help Needed!] Buzzing Noise from Speaker - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
7th Generation (2012+) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2012+

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
USA [Help Needed!] Buzzing Noise from Speaker

Hello Guys,
I have purchased my new Camry 2012 SE Black couple months ago.
Since then, when I drive without turning on the music I was able to hear annoying buzzing sound coming out of my main front speakers. Anyone experiencing similar problems? I took my car to the dealership the other day and they told me to comeback when their manager is available, so I went back again to get a confirmation to fix this problem and technician did told me that he could hear the noise but the manager said he doesn't think that it's the problem. He said he will compare to other SE models and let me know.
So, with my past 3 other cars and riding numerous other cars I have never experienced this problem. I want to hear if anyone is having this problem or is this really normal? the buzzing noise keeps running even after audio system is completely shut off, unless you turn off the engine.
Please Help! any note will be appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
No buzzing or humming noise in any of my 2012 SE 4cyl speakers with the music on or off. I have the low end display audio system.

I listen to FM AM CD's and MP3's from a memory stick.

Does it do it with and without the engine running? How about heater fan on or off?

Does it do it in certain locations but not others?

Make sure you do not have a cell phone or any other transmitters near the car. If they are defective, they could be the cause. I recently found out one of the worst noise generators is low cost fluorescent lights.

Last edited by dcm0123; 08-01-2012 at 10:19 PM.
#3 Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply,

Hey, Thanks for the reply,
The sound shuts off after I turn off the engine. Unless the engine is running and audio system has a power the sound continues. It doesn't have to do anything with heater, locations, cell phone or any devices near by.
I just got my car out of the dealership after getting my first complementary service and fix of this problem, but they said they compared 3 stock units and all Camrys makes the same sound. They brought me a XLE model to compare, and I was able to hear it too. I didn't had enough time to check other units. If any of you have time could you check your own speakers and let me know if you hear anything. It is a sound like you turn on the computer speaker with maximum volume but no music on.

Thank you!!!
#4 Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)

If you turn off the engine and just audio system on (I guess this cannot be done with power engine starter) you will hear buzzing or humming sound from front speakers...right??????????
#5 Old 08-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
When it makes the buzzing noise, what is the radio set to-- AM/FM CD, MP3 or any of them?

How loud is the volume set to when it happens?
#6 Old 08-04-2012, 04:00 AM
Official TN Member

I've got no buzz on mine cranked to max with engine running using blue tooth audio, without it being connected and i get no buzz at all. 2012 se non jbl/navi

sounds like you have a loose ground wire somewhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)