#1 Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Lemon Law on Camry's

Just wondering if anyone has had success with the lemon law on their 2012 Camry. Vehicle has been in for service over 4 times in 1.5 months. Wind noise still not solved. Leaks by windows (starts at 35 mph)and sheet metal on roof sounds like its going to fly off - the sound you hear when your car is being blow dry at the car wash. Very dissapointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Have you driven other Camrys and tested the noise?
I'm pretty sure many have issues with the wind noise. It's just the design.

-Anthony.

2007 Accord EX-L
2012 Camry SE I4

Build Thread
Latest Mod:
#3 Old 12-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Having done lemon law on another car for real mechanical issues...I'd say good luck given what you've listed...

-and-
2000 MR2 Spyder
#4 Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Beer steak & Texas

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
I do hear wind noise. every 12 camry I tried had exact the same noise. no problem with roof here.
doubt you can "lemon law" car just because of some noises. it has to be mechanical issues.

TN needs your opinion!!!
RX350/STI-r/CustomShield/5K Retro
Independent Fogs
225/55/17Primacy/AvalonTouringWheels
B-Quiet/Pioneer
Beltronics&BlackSys

#5 Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM
New TN User

2012 Camry issues - lemon law?

I too have noise problems with my 2012 Camry. The roof (sunroof area) makes a terrible rattling noise and the interior trim pieces continue to fall off and have to be replaced. I've been in 11 times (diagnostics and/or installation of replacement parts) and they finally replaced the entire sunroof - still nothing. The Florida lemon law requires at least 15 days out of service for repairs and/or 3 or more repair attempts for the same problem. It does say 'substantial defect or condition' and I realize what people here are saying, that a noise doesn't really impact vehicle safety, but it is infuriating to spend so much on a brand new car and have it sound like it is 20 years old. I am considering filing lemon law paperwork with Toyota, mostly with hope that it will finally get someone's attention. I have been in touch with corporate customer service about this and received no resolution there.
#6 Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 PM
2012 I4 SE Attitude Black

Talk to a lawyer who is licensed in your state, that's the only way to know for sure. And, don't rely on legal advice posted on discussion boards. Alternatively, or as a first step to gain information, your state's DMV or your state's consumer protection agency/bureau may have a Frequently Asked Questions about your state's lemon law. Finally, you may want to place a call into (1) your state's consumer protection agency, which might give you information about your claim, and may allow you to file a related consumer claim, and (2) your state bar association, which might have a telephone call line where you can get a free or reduced fee legal consultation.

For example, here is a link about Minnesota lemon law: http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Consumer/C...NCarLaws_1.asp
And Florida lemon law: http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...256cc900599fb4 and https://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBCo...6!OpenDocument

Last edited by northkindo; 12-18-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: add links
#7 Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 PM
New 2012 Camry XLE owner

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
If you just do a little research & use that with the dealership gen'l manager you might convince them to really get to the bottom of this. I did that approach with a Dodge minivan years ago that was actually a good vehicle EXCEPT when driving in the rain the rear hatch leaked. I had it in 4 times and they could not figure it out, so with my lemon law book in hand went to the GM who then went to the service manager and assured me he'd personally be sure it was fixed (turned out the weld on one side top hatch had a slight hole in that filled with water but leaked only when going left around corners ... so the "test it in the car wash" they'd used hadn't found the problem until they took the hatch and covers apart). If the Toyo dealership GM won't back that type of approach, then see and pay the lawyer.

My XLE I4 w/sunroof has been flawless in 13000mi & 9mons, no noises or rattles, no problems of any kind, so there has to be a way to fix it.
#8 Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sounds like an easy fix. Do what the dealer does. Roll window down put knee into door panel and yank on the frame to bend it. Roll window up hope it seals better! LOL. I work at a dealer and that is what one of the old techs said they did back in the day.
#9 Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Official TN Member

The majority of new cars today have wind noise issues. I checked other forums for Honda Accords and Kia's, and they all complain about similar wind noise like the Camry. I would try the fixes some other users have done to fix your wind noise problem. The problem with taking it to the dealer is that they are just experimenting on your car and in the long run they might end up messing something else up.

2012 Toyota Camry SE Base Model | Attitude Black Metallic

#10 Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Dedicated SE Guy

It must be something they've solved in the later builds. My 2012 SE I4 has a build date of 12/12 and so far it's tight as a drum. No squeaks, rattles, clunks, leaks or wind noise of any kind. I don't have the sunroof so I can't comment on that one. My 2003 SE had wind noise though. I just got used to it. Not bad but noticeable.

2012 Camry SE I4 - Magnetic Grey
2003 Camry SE I4 - Phantom Grey - 2003 to 2012 - 165,000 Miles hit by Drunk Driver - RIP
2002 Sienna - 06/02 to ???
#11 Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsDad View Post
It must be something they've solved in the later builds. My 2012 SE I4 has a build date of 12/12 and so far it's tight as a drum. No squeaks, rattles, clunks, leaks or wind noise of any kind. I don't have the sunroof so I can't comment on that one. My 2003 SE had wind noise though. I just got used to it. Not bad but noticeable.

X's 2

I have a 12/12 LE Camry and it is very quiet. From what I have read on the net, it seems like some of the earlier models in 2012 had the same issue. I think it is something that Toyota addressed, because my little Camry is perfect.

Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)