Toyota Nation Forum banner

2017 Toyota Camry ???

9K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Camread 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Won't be that radically different vs the current models most likely. It's possible that may be close to the next gen. Might see some of the design cues used in the Avalon for the next gen.

Just need to remember that there is still 5-6 years to go, things can and will change.

#6 ·
The current Camry has room for a couple of "minor model changes". However, I'm hearing something a bit more radical for the next "major model change"....though I would think the Camry name will remain for the next generation.

No other car in history as to toe-the-line tighter than the Camry. It has to appeal to a huge swath of different people and demagraphics....meaning that people from either extreme will complain about it...."it's too sporty....it's not sporty enough"....etc. So Toyota always has a big decision to make with each model change. But in order for the Camry to remain relevant in the long term, Toyota has to slowly start moving toward a younger demagraphic...while not completely alienating current Camry buyers.

Tough job indeed. :disappoin

#7 · (Edited)
that picture has been around since 2008-9 and a lot of ppl were hoping 2012 going to look like that.

I've heard NS4 is prototype for sporty luxury hybrid. it wont be cheap, so it will not replace camry.
camry one of few names in the world that everyone knows. no company would dump such famous name. no way. camry may evolve to space ship but name gonna stay.
:)

#13 ·
I'd love a diesel, I can fill it up at the farm. But I seriously doubt it will make it past the truck. Honda was going to introduce thier diesel here but finally opted out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.