#1 Old 10-05-2013, 01:36 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
gen 7 2013 Camry LE seats

We purchased a brand new Camry about 6 weeks ago and I hate the front seats so much unless we find a solution, we will have to get rid of it. I have back issues and thought that the seat felt ok when test driving. Is there any way we could switch out the seats for more comfortable ones? We currently do have power driver and lumbar was added to passenger. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Official TN Member

do you have the power le seats? if you have no power then i can understand. if you have the power le seats and don't like them, you are in trouble, because they are the most comfortable of all the camry's.

the se is s bit stiffer because of the material-but much the same as the le, the xle is the same as le but with leather-which i just don't like.

so, if you don't like the power le seats, be prepared for a real slap in the face when you see the resale value after 6 weeks...

the accord has very nice seats, and many with bad backs choose the accord for that reason alone over the camry.

the nissan altima 0 g seats are garbage, but old people like them because they are comfy on a bad back.

sonata/optima are more like the camry. if you want a really comfy front seat and a drive like the camry, i can't believe i'm saying this, but either the accord or the new malibu is what you're after.
#3 Old 10-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Beer steak & Texas

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
try set of sheep skin covers. to me LE p. seat is the most comfortable off all 20+-25K cars I've tried and has the perfect balance of support and comfort. passat seats are very nice too, but overall car didn't match my expectations.
didn't like accord or altima seats at all, but depend on your back you might like altima seats.

RX350/STI-r/CustomShield/5K Retro
Independent Fogs
225/55/17Primacy/AvalonTouringWheels
B-Quiet/Pioneer
Beltronics&BlackSys

2012 MGM LE

Last edited by molson.david; 10-07-2013 at 05:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to molson.david For This Useful Post:
HercFE (10-05-2013)
#4 Old 10-06-2013, 01:30 AM
2012 Toyota Camry

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I have the leather LE seats. Not automatic. The gen7 leather seats are much more stiffer than previous leather seats in the gen6s. I also have scoliosis, not sure what you have, but I find the seats uncomfortable after 2+ hrs of driving. Luckily I don't take road trips in the Camry... Maybe look for a seat cover that adds support

#5 Old 10-06-2013, 11:09 AM
New TN User

I would suggest taking your Camry to an auto upholstery shop. When you tell/show them your problem, they should be able to add or take away whatever is needed. The seats on the 2013 Avalon I bought were terrible. $300 at the upholstery shop made them much better. A much better option than trading.
#6 Old 10-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I did a 2 week, 4400 KM road trip in my 2012 Camry and thought it was the most comfortable seats I ever had in a car. Guess to each their own.
#7 Old 10-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I like 13LE seat over my 09SE seat. Fabric is kind weird, but seat is very comfortable.
#8 Old 10-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Another Camry...

Wow, I get compliments all the time as to how comfortable the seats are in the '13 TCH. I think they feel like all the other cars Ive had before, but then Im always the one driving and dont get to pay closer attention to relaxing in the seat.

I suggest trying what another poster mentioned above and get a set of good sheep skin covers.
#9 Old 10-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Beer steak & Texas

speaking off sheepskin covers:
I never bought them before but thinking about getting a set for the Christmas. what should I pay attention to? any advice?
some of them are 16-18mm thick, others 24mm. some going for 150, others for 400.
looking for the set with separate headrest covers, dark gray and would love to stay around $100, but looks like it's not gonna happen- cheapest real sheep skin covers I can find are these and they going for $140. any thoughts about this set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231069024633...84.m1423.l2649

Independent Fogs
B-Quiet/Pioneer
Beltronics&BlackSys

2012 MGM LE
#10 Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 PM
New TN User

Unhappy Camry XLE seats not supportive

I have the same problem as angieme. I bought a 2013 TCH XLE three months and the seats do no provide enough support for my bad back (seemed good on test drive). Unless I can fix the problem I will have to get a different car. The sport seats in the Camry SE are better. Is is possible to switch out? Any advice is appreciated.
#11 Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Official TN Member

I sat in the Camry LE and did not like the fabric so went with the SE instead. The softex is super comfortable and feels just like leather.

I think someone mentioned Accord has comfortable seats? I checked Safercar.gov for owner complaints and majority were complaints about the seats which is why I decided against it.

If you dont like the seats you can always change it whether it be installing leather or padding. Look in Yellowpages for auto upholstery stores.
#12 Old 10-10-2013, 02:58 PM
New TN User

I have had my 2013 le with cloth seats for less than two months.
The front seats are thin with very little padding.
Also the seat is very flat.
If I drive my car more than 20 miles my back hurts.
The bottom seat cusion has a bar you can feel if you put your hand in-between the top and bottom cushions. that should not be easy to do , but is because the seat is not plush.
There is no mistake here. The seats were manufactured cheaper to save costs or designed this way because of the seat air bags.
My 2003 Camry front seats are like sitting on a 3000.00 dollar sofa.
If your like the 2013 Camry Toyota drivers seat it might be because you dont drive very far.
I have been shopping upolstry shops to pad the seats.
#13 Old 10-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Beer steak & Texas

Quote:
My 2003 Camry front seats are like sitting on a 3000.00 dollar sofa
matter of opinion I guess, but I'd say that gen 5 seats are much less comfy that gen 7.
no idea why are you calling gen 7 seat flat when it's deeper, curvier and has more thigh and back support than gen 5 seat... I agree that gen 5 seats remind a couch (not expensive one thought) but gen 7 seats are more anatomical and more comfortable and I do have old injury from my sport past.
I'm 6.4/ 267, have pretty week lower back (old sport injury) but never felt that bar in the cushion (I never slide my hand there thought) and really think that gen 7 seat is awesome.
in the end, plush and comfortable are very different things especially when you driving and have a bad back.

Independent Fogs
B-Quiet/Pioneer
Beltronics&BlackSys

2012 MGM LE

Last edited by molson.david; 10-10-2013 at 04:15 PM.
#14 Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
New TN User

My opinoin is that the top driver seat cushion(power with lumbar) on my 13 Camry is like a long flat board. It is not plush at all. When i drive long distances with the car it is not comfortable. I have owned a 94, 95, 03 Camry. All the drivers seats were more comfortable than this car. I am 6 2. And members of my family have noticed the seat quality too.
By the way, When driving past Toyota dealers I see many 12's and 13's used for sale. Now I know why. I expected more from Toyota.
#15 Old 10-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Beer steak & Texas

Quote:
I see many 12's and 13's used for sale. Now I know why. I expected more from Toyota.
I guess they all been traded because of bad seat?

not sure how long seat cushion is on 2003 camry, but 2012-13 cushion is longer than 2K and 2007 camry. I used seat covers made by my wife on all my camrys and 12-13 cushion is the longest one up to date. gen7 seat is the deepest and curviest one too.
but hey, we all got different butts and opinions.

Independent Fogs
B-Quiet/Pioneer
Beltronics&BlackSys

2012 MGM LE

Last edited by molson.david; 10-10-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 7th Generation (2012+)