Toyota Nation Forum banner

2015 camry i need it now!!

53K views 348 replies 46 participants last post by  tpence2177 
#1 ·
I feel like im the only one excited about the 2015 camry xse v6 i sure hope i can get a good deal. Or else i will just go with the 2015 chrysler 200 s awd . but i just wish they would just release the damn camry already lol.

#2 ·
Well both are new cars so you won't be getting any really big deals, probably just whatever financing and standard rebate offers the company offers. Frankly the Chrysler is a massive improvement over prior models, but everything in the Camry is proven mechanically, whereas the Chrysler is a big question mark; that 9 speed in particular has been hit or miss. They are the type of car that you need an extended warranty with, whereas with the Camry you'll probably be fine with the factory warranty.

#3 ·
You aren't alone. I'm excited and have one on order (XSE V6 in Ruby Flare with almost all of the toys). October can't get here quick enough...

#8 · (Edited)
Just one benefit of working on the inside I guess. There are others :wink:

There are lots of cars on order. I just already have my name associated with one of them and tweaked to what I want on it.

#11 · (Edited)
Anything screams excitement about 15' Camry? :)
I've seen 15 "200" on the road a few times and it looks nice and slick, but considering its resale, and Chrysler's reliability $30-36K for a awd V-6 "200" is way too much IMO.

#25 ·
It sounds like the 15 Mustang forums in here. How could you consider a Chrysler. How has their quality improved ever. Sure they have some cool hemi stuff, but as far as quality they have never had that. Toyota is miles ahead in quality, which is the best reason to buy a car. But hey if you want something that looks cool you can alway go buy a Kia/Hyundia. They look real cool and have turbos. ooo and 100,000 mile warranties So you get a piece of mind knowing your car will make it to at least 100,000 miles, maybe a little further.

#26 ·
Some people don't think like you...Chrysler is having success with Jeep and RAM trucks for sure, and coming soon, that Hellcat. But yes, they don't have the reliability Toyota is known for, but that doesn't stop them from appealing to a different buying audience. In fact, there's a quite a few Camry owners here that own Challengers, so it is good to have some diversity.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/310-7th-generation-2012/795529-may-selling.html
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...01186-goodbye-camry-hello-challenger-r-t.html

#27 ·
I did my research n i see toyota is the better brand overall. Plus im so obsessed with the 15 camry n that lexus look alike grille. I wish they release it Already i just rather use my car payment on the down payment since im trading in my 12 anyway. I'll save some money. That way. But i dont see no advertisement or nothing in the dealerships.

#28 · (Edited)
I don't know if I like the 15 Camry I hated the 2012 redesign to the point it's Butt ugly lacks power 4 banger my Dads sister has which is cheap. The 2015 refresh look's like a copy front end Lexus Is 250/350 the roof is the same and the frame is too so what's the big deal. Honestly speaking for the amount of money on a Xle v6 I rather buy an awd Lexus Is 350 f sport similar to my mom's it's a fun sedan. Camry just speak's front wheel drive aka boring, dull . Lexus has more excitement driving it which is something Toyota need's to review on the sedan market. I'm over Toyota sedans they have nothing going for them other then reliability and vanilla styling. This Camry has made some good refresh design front end it's the side profile that look's oddly the same which should have been addressed

#29 ·
You're comparing an XLE v6 to a Lexus IS 350 F Sport AWD? Come on! There is like a $15k msrp difference! If you are talking sporty, the XSE v6 is a little better fit anyway (although the pricing is the same as the XLE). In any case, the two aren't in the same pricing category. Seeing as how they are made by the same company, that isn't surprising. I wish Toyota would offer sportier models/options under the Toyota brand, but I don't imagine they are going to overlap themselves too much...

#31 · (Edited)
I can't one is clearly better I hate front wheel drive and I pay the difference just to get a better sedan .The Camry is decent it's not very exciting it's like the Avalon being toyotas old person car lol. Is the 2015 going to win buyers maybe I don't see pasted camry buyers flocking over this soon. While Toyota can take the same frame and resigned what was already present and call it new might win some people it doesn't with me. Good luck Toyota but I'm willing to bet your going to lose sells .

#33 ·
Good luck Toyota but I'm willing to bet your going to lose sells .
:) The Camry has been leading the segment's sales for the past 15 years. Looks like Toyota knows what buyer wants and it's very unlikely to see 15' sales going down.

Reactions: dyapanis
#35 · (Edited)
You're right in the end loyalty is great I've done that with toyota plenty of times 0:)

Just because the camry has been the best seller for 14 years plus doesn't mean everybody else can't steal it's title and glory in fact the race is pretty close now. I see this segment getting pretty good now that Toyota is trying to play catch up.

"even a base IS 350 is $12K more and top of that it has much smaller interior."

That might be so and i'm aware being 6'2 the Is Interior is small My mom drives one and that backseat vs the Camry clearly size will matter here. What i'm saying is Camry is like this everybody has one and it's boring and dull to drive. There is little excitement driving a Camry vs the rear drive Is 350. It might share the same 3.5 liter v6 but the Is has 306 Hp and 8 speed brings more fun to the table Camry can't have that yet. The engineering dept within Toyota needs to bring a more Performance orientated model within the Camry The Xse might fit that bill however I like to see Toyota take off vs a normal model and bring some excitement level's with the camrys packages.

#36 · (Edited)
Cross shopping a new Camry and new IS is not a fair comparison... however, depending on years/miles it is very fair to cross shop used Camrys with used G37s, TSX, and IS Sedan but the G37 is a true sports sedan thanks to it Z car/Skyline underpinnings, the TSX is a neutered European Accord Sport but still sportier than an Accord/Camry, and the IS is much smaller than any of the 3. However, we're not talking used here and even then you'll be paying 4-6k more for a year old, 12k mile G37 than you will a Camry.

If you want to knock the base engine on the Camry, look at the HP on the base IS which also has a 2.5L base engine, albeit a V6, but it's only rated for roughly 20 HP more which you won't feel in your seat. Further more, while the IS350 does have a direct injection version of the 2GR in the Camry, the 0-60 numbers are virtually identical, even with the AWD IS being better at getting power down than the FWD Camry. Further more, in RWD trim the IS is over 100 pounds heavier in curb weight than the Camry V6, with 17 fewer EPA cubic feet of interior volume. Now does the IS drive better? I'm sure, it should thanks to the double wishbone suspension setup. But to flat out say the Camry is boring and slow, especially on the basis of the HP numbers, compared to the IS is wrong. The Camry Se drives as good, maybe better, than comparable new cars, which are all dull compared to the products of 20 years ago. And the IS is certainly not comparable thanks to it's higher price, reflected in it's more advanced suspension setup, higher quality interior trim, and more advanced electronics.

EDIT: One note, in a quick search I could not find skid pad numbers for both. I'm sure they're out there and the IS should be superior but again, different class of car.

#39 · (Edited)
Cross shopping a new Camry and new IS is not a fair comparison... however, depending on years/miles it is very fair to cross shop used Camrys with used G37s, TSX, and IS Sedan but the G37 is a true sports sedan thanks to it Z car/Skyline underpinnings, the TSX is a neutered European Accord Sport but still sportier than an Accord/Camry, and the IS is much smaller than any of the 3.
EU accord and US TSX were pretty much identical cars and neither 2.4 or 3.5 version feels any sportier than Accord Sport or Camry SE.

But to flat out say the Camry is boring and slow, especially on the basis of the HP numbers, compared to the IS is wrong. The Camry Se drives as good, maybe better, than comparable new cars
+100
I've driven an Altima, Accord, Fusion, Optima, Sonata (haven't tried 2015 model) a few times and none of these cars feel sportier or more exiting to drive than comparable Camry and even though the Accord has a "younger person car" and "Japanese BMW" reputation, it feels (thanks to its CVT) like a heavy slow reacting on accelerator car and even a new 1.8T Passat SE just a few tens quicker than 2.5 Camry and feels overly big and heavy.
Camry's "no fun/ old fart car" reputation based on 90's-early 2000's models, but since then the Camry has changed a lot and even a base Gen 7 LE drives no more "vanilla" than the Accord LX, Altima S or Fusion S.

Reactions: youngbuk
#49 ·
Before I make my final decision on this 15 Camry I need to test drive the Xse v6 first but I narrowed down my choices of cars.which are the 15 sonata limited with tech package,15 Subaru limited or 3.6r even tho the design is a little bland but the build quality is solid and It has awd standard especially since Pennsylvania gets a ton a snow each year. Upcoming 15 dodge charger sxt awd. What do you guys think of my choices. I just want something that's good in all weather and has some good horse power and looks good and is safe. And doesn't require premium gas lol

Reactions: canddmeyer
#53 ·
I've seen enough rental civics and accords and "program" (business lease) Hondas, so Honda fleet too.
Never seen a rental Subaru though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.