Toyota Nation Forum banner

HID fuse blown

6K views 46 replies 7 participants last post by  stanwich 
#1 ·
The first time installing my hid without a relay harness was a fail. One side keep coming on and off and I gave up went back to stock after it blew out my fuse. This time I tried using using the same kit with a relay harness and it was good for about 10-15 mins and then it starts flickering then both side went off. Pulled over and realized my fuse blew out again. I am having real bad luck with hid, or is it a bad kit?? I love hid but it's really causing me a headache. Can my 2014 Camry not handle HID or what? Seem like no one else gets this issue!!! Help!!! New kit?? Car can't handle hid?? Why does my fuse keep blowing?!! My kit is opt7 by the way. Any help or suggestions??

#5 ·
No pictures of the harness, but the harness was from the seller from opt7. I got it off ebay. It might be a bad kit because I have such bad luck with that kit, blowing my fuse twice every time. I am considering repurchasing one but i do not want to spend a whole lot of money on it. Anything good in the $40-60 range will be fine.

#4 ·
OP7 is off of Amazon. Some people haven't had problems with the op7 kits they got but there have been problems I've heard of. Chances are you want to return the kit and buy a good quality one.

Try one of the sponsors on TN. My choice is to get a set from The Retrofit Source, another option is Xenon Depot. Both are very good quality kits and what most people have on here.

#19 ·
IMO well worth it. i had my morimoto for a year now and very happy with it. you can't go wrong on both. morimoto has a 5 yr warranty on the kit. i think xd has 3 years.

#23 ·
If you do end up going with the morimoto, don't forget to use the coupon code "ToyotaNation" without quotes to get 15% off.
If I remember it right, the code for the XenonDepot kit is "TN" and you get $25 off.

Reactions: dyapanis
#33 ·
Took 3 pages but glad you made a decision, can't really go wrong with either since both are good kits. Just post up here if you have any more questions about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.