Toyota Nation Forum banner

16" winter tires on SE V6

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Camread 
#1 · (Edited)
Can anyone comment on good(bad?) experience with 16 inch winter rims/tires on their 18" SE/SE6. I currently have 18" on SE V6, and curious to know if handling/ride is significantly different with 16" especially in snow/slush/icy conditions.

Another thing - can anyone comment on costco steel rims or other rims they offer? Theirs are supposedly specific to make/model/year but price is just so low compare to other options, that I'm not sure. Thanks.

#3 ·
i have 16" ipikes for winter and there is a definate difference in the floaty feeling on bigger side wall tires but they work great in the snow and ice!

Reactions: nub1
#8 ·
I checked at Costco here in Billings Mt for our new 14.5 Camry and was told they didn't carry any winter tires. Ive priced studded 16s Bridgestone Blizzaks locally for $168 per tire. Could I ask you what prices you were quoted at Costco for the tires and the rims ?

#9 ·
My local Costco (Nashua, New Hampshire) does not carry the Blizzak WS80 in 205/65R16 size. I went to the Costco website and ordered them for $115 a piece (not studded). They will be delivered to the local store. I am getting 16" steel wheels from TireRack. I can only find alloy wheels at Costco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.