Can all who try this Entune update on a US spec 2012 Camry please post your results. Thanks!
Allow me to respond to my own post, if I may
- I downloaded the .zip file, unzipped it, put the log file and .iso on a USB stick,
- inserted the USB stick into the car,
- used the smart key to put the car in Ignition On mode (without actually starting the car and wasting gas - the update prompt says engine should be running
- turned the audio system on if necessary,
- responded yes to the Entune 2.1.0 update prompt,
- waited for < 5 minutes for the update to finish (during stage 8 of 8, the display blanks out for a sec or two),
- when the update finished and the radio rebooted, said no to reinstalling update,
- turned radio off and unplugged USB stick, turned radio back on.
Update appears to be successful based on additional apps being present and system still working. I don't have a smart-ass phone
, so I cannot verify the apps. My phone seems to connect a bit faster as mentioned by others. My car has a standard Nav w/ Entune (non-hdd).
It's worth watching the update video
from earlier link