Toyota Nation Forum banner

Explorer no work

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  arh 
#1 ·
The new forum does not work with IE8. Works fine with Chrome.

#3 ·
I have several computers I use on the internet. One is an older laptop and IE8 is the last version that will install on it. This forum no longer runs on IE8 unless they fix something. I guess I'll put Chrome on that laptop.

#5 ·
Mine is still not working. When I go to the forum it always goes back to a page with no graphics and a lot of text. Any link there that I click on goes to the graphic page for about one second and then goes back to the text page. I put Chrome on that machine and it works fine. This is the only forum/service I use that does not work with IE8.

This stuff is far to complex to be 100% reliable.

#7 ·
since I don't have IE8 anymore, not sure, BUT

Look for compatibility mode. I think it was near the top right banner of the IE8 page.
Looked a bit like paper coming out of a printer or a towel dispenser.

I have an old program that had the problem and that solved it.

Also go to the help drop down and search "compatibility (mode)"

Let us know if that works. or not

#8 ·
since I don't have IE8 anymore, not sure, BUT

Look for compatibility mode. I think it was near the top right banner of the IE8 page.
Looked a bit like paper coming out of a printer or a towel dispenser.

I have an old program that had the problem and that solved it.

Also go to the help drop down and search "compatibility (mode)"

Let us know if that works. or not

Thanks Phil, That did the trick.

Al

#9 ·
Hard to understand them damn computers.
In the program I used, the functionality of the caps shift stopped working on the left side of the keyboard, but I could see the web pages.

Go figure.

#11 ·
I have two older laptops I use only for internet. IE9 or above will not install on them. They are both Windows 7 64 bit but IE9 says it is not compatible to the operating system. Probably needs to be updated. I don't want to do that since some of my older programs will probably have trouble then.

I'm very happy. I have installed Chrome on both and they run great and faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.