Toyota Nation Forum banner

07 Camry Hybrid remote key battery

55K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  dlhall56 
#1 ·
Hello, one of my remote keys for my 07 Hybrid Camry has a battery problem. When I get in the car the display reads low battery. Do I have to go back to the dealer and have them replace the battery in the remote key, or is there another place I can go and have this done?

thanks

#2 · (Edited)
How to Replace 2007 battery in FOB

No need for dealer interface. Mine is a 2007 and complained today that it needed replacing!.
1. Take key out of FOB
2. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to separate the case (pry at slot near the key hole).
3. have a new 1632 battery ready.
4. lift circuit board out of shell and turn over.
5. Remove dead or weak 1632 and replace the same way with new 1632.
6. Put the two halves back together and snap them to close.
7. Reinsert key.
8. DONE! Faster than I took to write this!!

It's also explained in manual on about page 29 I believe!

#4 · (Edited)
You mean all the words in the Owners Manual are there for something??

#7 ·
key battery low camry hybrid

I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid. No tools required to remove battery. Remove the backup key from the electronic key. It inserts into the slot on the bottom of the electronic key box. You don't need a screwdriver to open it. It's designed for that. Thanks for the info. I looked inside, and didn't realize the battery was on the other side of the circuit board.

#8 · (Edited)
I had ours in for service a few months ago and brought both keys in for them to look at after getting a "low battery" indication on mine and a "no remote key detected" on hers. They replaced the batteries in both keys for me - no charge. Both are working just fine now.

#9 ·
TTT , with 85,000 miles and 2 1/2 years of use , I power off my TCH and I too received the "low key battery" message. After replacing the battery , the message is gone and all is back to normal. Thanks for this info as it was quite handy , so I bring it to the top for current viewing...

#11 ·
The 12v and highvoltage battery will not cause that message. You need to replace the watch battery in your key FOB. If you were referring to the key fob battery when you mentioned testing, replace it anyways. The key fob will complain even if the battery tests "good" in a battery tester. Mine lasted 3 years before getting too low. If your is still original from 2007, then you 100% need a new one (and get a new one for the spare as well). Get the Panasonic ones from Amazon. Those are the same as OEM and work great. The battery and shipping should be under $10, so don't pay more.

#13 ·
Even better, you can get the five of the batteries that you need for less than the previous poster paid for one. Just go to Amazon:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-CR1632-Volt-Lithium-Battery/dp/B002E44VKK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323466298&sr=8-3[/ame]

$ 5.41

--or get them with free shipping for $6.99 if you are a Prime member:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-CR1632-Volt-Lithium-Battery/dp/B002E44VKK/ref=sr_1_3?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1323466464&sr=8-3[/ame]

These are good to have around as you never know when you will need one, and paying $6 for one is a bit much for me.

#14 ·
Key fob battery replacement

Thanks very much for this information. I purchased 2 1632 batteries for less than 7 bucks and replaced the dead battery as instructed in this thread. I have had this done at my local dealership; once they charged $38! The next time I drove to the nearby dealer where I purchased the car but they still charged me about $10 to replace the battery. Now I have an extra battery for the other key fob when it fails. I appreciate the cost and time savings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.