Toyota Nation Forum banner

2010 4Runner – Running board

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  surffree 
#1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my 4Runner Trail Edition Today. All 4Runner come standard with running board in Canada. The new running boards no longer integrate with fender in the front or back. This was quite helpful to prevent the stone chips along the body side when off roading. The stones would fly into the body as they came lose from the treads coming back. This is not an issue in the front as the tires are inside the fenders, but not the back. I had a lot of damage before I realized and installed the running boards in my last 4Runner.

Any ideas ?

#4 ·
We have a 2010 Limited with the factory running boards and my wife hates them. She got them to help get in and out of the vehicle but they are too narrow to get your foot on well. They are too far under the vehicle and the Dealer said they cannot be adjusted out. She drove my Tundra with step bars today and said she needs to trade with me. Thats not good, I really like my Tundra!:ugh3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.