Toyota Nation Forum banner

Wheel lock key location?

97K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  75aces 
#1 ·
just wondering if someone could tell me where the wheel lock key is for the S model. It's not in the glove box and I didn't want to take out the trunk liner and look there if that's not where they put it at the factory. I guess there's a change it was forgotten. Thanks.

#2 ·
Wheel locks are dealer installed. It is wherever the technician left it. Check the trunk, it takes 2 seconds. If it's not there check with your dealer.

Jeff

#9 ·
Mine is somewhere in the ditch at the bottom of my driveway; my wife put it on the car's roof (which was bad enough) when cleaning the glove box, then backed out of the driveway and tells me she heard a bit of "a noise", which was obviously the key rolling off the car. :lol:

#13 ·
If your car has a wheel lock and you don't have the key you might have to just have a tire shop use sockets to get them off. When people sell older cars this can happen a lot where the old owner doesn't put the wheel lock with the car.

#17 ·
They sell sockets just for this. Smooth on the inside and tapered. Put on impact gun, spin against the lock for a few seconds, give it a solid whack with a hammer and then it'll come right off with the impact.

I've never tried the regular socket trick, I'll have to try it sometime.

#18 ·
IDK either. I never bought wheel locks from a dealer when car was new. It's nice to have if you own Ray's, Volks, or any wheels you don't want taken.

#20 ·
Not sure if gorilla locks are still on the market or not. But they def are unique. Each set has its own key. Pricey back in the early 2000s.

I think this is only working on OEM wheel locks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.