Toyota Nation Forum banner

Ultra Racing Side Lower Bars

14K views 89 replies 20 participants last post by  SuperchargedMR2 
#1 ·
Hey all!

I've been looking at doing some more suspension mods. I currently have a TRD FSB and RSB. I'm looking to add to those.

I've seen other threads about the Ultra Racing upper rear bar and the front lower bar. I just saw the lower side bars:

http://www.nextgentuning.com/Ultra_Racing_6Point_Side_Lower_Bars__SD6712__Toyota__Corolla__From_2003__To_2013--product--35.html

Does anyone have insight on how much good they do? Anyone with actual experience with them? Should I throw these on and see what happens or would I be better off going with other bars first?

I guess my other thought is swapping my TRD springs for Eibachs before doing more bars. Thoughts on that?

#2 ·
I've been looking at these for a while too. They sure as heck won't hurt as it will stiffen the chassis more & allow the suspension to work more better. I already have all the other TRD & UR bars with my Eibach springs so this is the only logical place to go. :D

#3 · (Edited)
I have these on a different car that was old and had a weak uni body. between the side bars and the front cross bar (installed at same time) they made a large immediate noticeable difference. However Corolla is a significantly stiffer car than my Nissan.

If the mounting is the same as mine, you will need a tube of silicone to mount the bars. It came with "T" shaped bolts, where the vertical part of the T was threaded, and the horizontal was flat. This allowed me to put it into the recesses for mounting, however when i went to tighten the nuts down the "T" would spin in the mounting location. to fix this issue:

1. check your toolbox for some RTV or any silicone. If there is none pick up cheap stuff from any store.
2.apply copious amounts to "T" so it will stick in frame.
3. install "T" with silicone, pull down, add more in gaps if you can
4. walk away drink a beer and BS with neighbor or buddy helping you align these long beasts later
5. Once silicone is dry and beer is drank, install as specified, it goes much faster if one person holds it while the other mounts it. FYI you will need an extension or deep socket or both.

#18 ·
#9 ·
I still have the rear brace I made and still haven't made the front sadly. but some of the others I'm not to sure sense some have bends and a little more complex. Also if I buy them I will have spent the money and put them on faster.
There is a pile of metal in the garage that hasn't been touched.

#11 ·
gave up on me making it for you? cause that would have taken a few years! lol

I probably would make bars for everywhere if I didn't have school 3 days a week and work 5 days a week. but gotta pay for this life somehow.

Has anybody ordered for them ultra-racingstore I posted? wondering about good and bad experiences.

#13 ·
That is good! I plan on buying all the bars, once they come in installing and lowering my car in the same weekend should be fun lol. Just gotta wait for that income tax so I can use that instead of savings

Sent from the mother ship

#14 ·
sounds like a plan i think ill prolly only the trd rear sway bar and maybe the ur rear sway bar as far as the bars to buy mine sits pretty low as it is (i can't go over a coke can on its side without it hitting something under the car) so the under braces are prolly not a great idea for me to get.

#29 ·
Yeah, that would be great. I was looking at this other site that someone posted earlier in this thread to get the bars from:

http://www.ultra-racingstore.com/

I'm not sure if it's legit or not. The price is much cheaper and the shipping is a flat rate of $31.56 for any number of bars from 1 to any number. It's based in Canada. I emailed them today, but no response yet. I might test them and see if I get the side lower bars. If all is good, I might get some more bars for my other car. I have all the bars except for these new side lower bars.

#30 ·
I posted that one lol and someone ordered and said he got his bars after a delay from one being out if stock. Some of the bars were cheaper through next gen is the only reason I was looking on there.

I still have a while till I order ask the bars but I will probably just order them through ultra racing at once.

Sent from the mother ship

#37 ·
Well I said what the heck & made an offer of $199 & they accepted the offer so with free shipping & no tax I'm okay with that. :thumbsup:

#40 ·
I just got an email from the eBay seller saying they are sold out due to the high demand in volume. They said to wait 6-8 weeks. Then it said you can choose to get a refund or wait. If you wait they will offer a discount. So I emailed them back and said to decrease the price to offset the price of the sales tax, lol. I'll see what their response is. How about you Supercharged? Did they say they were out of stock too?

#41 ·
No notice yet. I they are I will wait as I'm going to be on vacation for 24 days. I'm a patient person, maybe they will give me another $20 off! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.