Toyota Nation Forum banner

brake actuator

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  corolla22 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Corolla S. A few months ago the VSC light started blinking but then it went away. Then, I started noticing that when I'd be in a parking garage or go over speed bumps that all these lights would randomly come on (VSC, BRAKE, check engine light, even the right turn signal) and the steering wheel would stiffen up. I took it into the dealership because I have 4 years of maintenance coupons so I've been going there anyways. They recalibrated the speed sensor and said if it started happening again they would have to replace it.

It started happening again recently, and then within the last few days I found it was really hard to accelerate (the engine would rev high and not really go anywhere, it was jerky and it would take along time to get up to 35-40mph). So I took it back in yesterday because it was time for my 45K service anyways. They said that they confirmed the speed sensor had an open circuit and they replaced it, and that it had also been the cause of the acceleration issue.

But then they told me there was also another problem, that the brake actuator for ABS was broken as well and that the part is $2300... they are going to call me back to tell me if Toyota can give it to me cheaper.. my questions are a) does this all make sense? b) should I get a second opinion and c) does anyone have any experience with this part, do you think Toyota would give it to me for cheaper, and if not, would I be able to find it anywhere cheaper?

Oh and my last question is, is this something that needs to be replaced right away or can I wait?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.