05-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Official TN Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gboro NC
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Originally Posted by iml2001ser
Alrite guys i got it figured out already. Since the car is prewired, and i didnt want to buy the toyota switch because it cost 160 bucks.
1. All you have to do is pop open the steering column cover.
2. Disconnect Turn signal/headlight connector
3. Cut the Red and white wire and use a butt connector to connect the wires together. (The fog lights will turn on when the headlights are on only.)
4. You have to buy a Fog light relay from toyota 37 bucks, it is located behind the ash tray right behind the climate control. You plug it right in the empty spot on the right side on the top.
5. Start your car and turn on the headlights and the fog lights will turn on. AIM the fog lights and you are done.
It was pretty easy and a lot cheaper then buying all the parts from the dealer.
Do you think a snap lock connector would work instead of cutting and joining the wires it would just clamp over them spike into them and bridge them together, and same continuity, will it matter? Just thinking it would be less effort to remove as well.
This is a great idea as it means your using all the stock wiring and relays and don't have to run many wires exept into the fogs and possibly the switch
09 Corolla Matrix 1.8l Dual VVT-i 5spd Manual Sundance Metallic - Alpine CDA 9883 - TRD drop in - Enkei BMBT 16" Alloys new addition: '93 2.4L Pickup Reg Cab 2wd
Farewell to my old Prerunner
Last edited by jdhog; 05-12-2009 at 09:19 PM.