Fog Light Wiring Diagram - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix Exterior Forum

10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix Exterior Forum A forum for the discussion of 10th Gen Corolla and 2nd Gen Matrix exterior maintenance and modifications.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View iml2001ser's Photo Gallery
Fog Light Wiring Diagram

Can anyone get a fog light wiring diagram? I bought the kit from online, it also has a wiring harness and switch. But our cars are prewired from factory. So instead of running a new harness, we can use the factory harness. But the problem is we have to buy the switch that comes with the turn signal and headlight switch. That cost like 160 bucks. My kit only cost 70 bucks. All we have to do is find the wire that goes to the fog light relay and tap it with the headlight switch. That is what i am trying to figure out.
Thanks
iml2001ser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

You can get the fog light kit from here. No one here works for toyota so we can get a diagram???
http://www.zetaproducts.net/index.as...ROD&ProdID=430
Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

Alrite guys i got it figured out already. Since the car is prewired, and i didnt want to buy the toyota switch because it cost 160 bucks.
1. All you have to do is pop open the steering column cover.
2. Disconnect Turn signal/headlight connector
3. Cut the Red and white wire and use a butt connector to connect the wires together. (The fog lights will turn on when the headlights are on only.)
4. You have to buy a Fog light relay from toyota 37 bucks, it is located behind the ash tray right behind the climate control. You plug it right in the empty spot on the right side on the top.
5. Start your car and turn on the headlights and the fog lights will turn on. AIM the fog lights and you are done.

It was pretty easy and a lot cheaper then buying all the parts from the dealer.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
New TN User

View ppy1111's Photo Gallery
what do i connect to the red and white wire???
ppy1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
New TN User

You can do two things with those wires, easy way you just connect them together, when you do that the fogs turn on automatically when the headlights doo at all times. Or you can connect those two wires to a switch, so you can manually turn them on and off when the headlights are on only.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
New TN User

so i have to run a new wiring harness right??/ correct me if i'm wrong.. and cut the red and white wires and connect the new wiring to the red and white wires??? am i making any sense??
Old 08-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
New TN User

you dont add a new harness, there is a factory harness already, only thing you add is a relay, and a switch if you want too, the red and white wire are the switch wires, when you connect them together and the headlights are on they will turn on, if they are unconnected the fogs will be off. so its easier just to leave them connected together and they will automatically turn on and off when the headlights are connected.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
New TN User

where is the turn signal/headlight connector??/ been trying to find it but im not sure which one it is... there's so many wires under the steering column.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
New TN User

I've managed to find the red and white wire that you were talking about. But now i'm having a hard time looking for the empty spot for the relay. "it is located behind the ash tray right behind the climate control. You plug it right in the empty spot on the right side on the top." My car didn't come with the ash tray? Is it located behind the side mirror controls, i tooked out the panel but didnt find an empty spot.. I'm trying to figure out where "right behind climate control" is. I can find it
Old 08-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
New TN User

its below the radio, thats where the climate control is. above the ash tray where the cig lighter is. right behind the climate control there is a box with some relays on it, and on the top right side there is a blank spot to put the relay in.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
New TN User

Tell me if im at the right track... so basically i need to take out the panels the hold the a/c (the silver panels) and take the A/c out so i can reach behind the a/c controls.. is that right??? sorry i'm really slow at this..
Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
View jdhog's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iml2001ser View Post
Alrite guys i got it figured out already. Since the car is prewired, and i didnt want to buy the toyota switch because it cost 160 bucks.
1. All you have to do is pop open the steering column cover.
2. Disconnect Turn signal/headlight connector
3. Cut the Red and white wire and use a butt connector to connect the wires together. (The fog lights will turn on when the headlights are on only.)
4. You have to buy a Fog light relay from toyota 37 bucks, it is located behind the ash tray right behind the climate control. You plug it right in the empty spot on the right side on the top.
5. Start your car and turn on the headlights and the fog lights will turn on. AIM the fog lights and you are done.

It was pretty easy and a lot cheaper then buying all the parts from the dealer.

Do you think a snap lock connector would work instead of cutting and joining the wires it would just clamp over them spike into them and bridge them together, and same continuity, will it matter? Just thinking it would be less effort to remove as well.

This is a great idea as it means your using all the stock wiring and relays and don't have to run many wires exept into the fogs and possibly the switch

Farewell to my old Prerunner

Last edited by jdhog; 05-12-2009 at 09:19 PM.
jdhog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
New TN User

yea that will work fine
Old 10-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View vegetaleb's Photo Gallery
How did you install the fog lamps in the bumper? There is a sort of protection plate under the bumper that make it difficult to access,should I screw down this plate?
vegetaleb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
New TN User

yea jus unscrew the plastic panel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix Exterior Forum