Toyota Nation Forum banner

Cracked front bumper.....

12K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Skipandrun 
#1 ·
Just discovered my front bumper has a little crack. The spot is right in the middle of the lower part of the bumper, exactly below the lower grill. Wondering should I get it fix now? Is it possible to patch it up or I need a whole new bumper? If so, any guess on the price difference from a body shop?

#3 ·
I had a small crack on mine on the same place as yours. I just run some grazy glue on it to hold it together. It's not very obvious so I just leave it.

#6 ·
now would b a great time to do a quick patch n get a one piece front lip

#8 ·
I cracked mine two winters ago, repaired it using 3M products, had it painted and lo and behold, the damn thing cracked again, in a different place just to the right.

The only consolation is this: my father-in-law was giving me grief for being a rough driver. So, one morning last week I'm meandering to my car; it's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, there's a crispness in the air. All of a sudden, a black object on the ground, next to a snow bank catches my eye. Well, lookie here, it's apparently the lower grill off of a Corolla. Wtf? First thought was hunny bunches did it. But my grill was securely in place. Then it hit me! No, it couldn't be. I said a little thank you to the Karma folks and drove to his house, where I promptly noted a missing lower grill on the front of his bumper and a beautiful crack as an accessory! I gave him the name of the place where I bought the 3M products and made him well aware of how expensive it was going to be to fix THAT big of a crack.

#13 ·
The crack is probably cause by impact. Someone can actually bump into you car without scratching the bumper and still cause the crack. You will have to remove the bumper cover and apply fiber glass cloth and epoxy to the vack to prevent the crack from spreading. A fat lady crashed into my car and scratched up the rear buper, the cost of the new cover and paint was $800.

#14 ·
I got a pretty big crack on my rear bumper, costs 1800$ to repair, i think i'm just gona buy a new one lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.