2013 corolla S 6.1" touch screen display subwoofer install - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix Interior and Audio Forum A forum to discuss 10th Gen Corolla and 2nd Gen Matrix interior and audio maintenance and modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-18-2012, 11:20 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2013 corolla S 6.1" touch screen display subwoofer install

Hey fellas,

I'm currently in the market to purchase a 2013 corolla S and was wondering if anyone attempted to install a subwoofer via the factory touch screen. I'm sure this touch screen display is essentially garbage since toyota doesn't list any specifications regarding it on their website (so i'm assuming it doesn't have RCA inputs or anything). I've installed 2 complete sound systems on my previous cars but never installed anything aftermarket to a factory HU (it seems like it would be a pain in the a** to have to splice the wires and all that mumbo jumbo). I've searched everywhere and can't find ANY pictures of someone removing the 2013 touch screen but was wondering if any of you guys have. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
2010 Corolla S

Probably not a ton of modded '13s yet, I have a 2010 myself. I'd imagine the removal is the same as the rest of us, a couple screws and some plastic to pull off. I don't think splicing to the factory wires would be very hard. A simple "quick splice" combined with some high gauge wire and an amp that takes high level input and you are in business. If you are planning to replace the speakers, you already have the access points handy anyway. If you are going to use an amp for the interior speakers you can pull the signal straight from the connections at the radio.

Good luck!

I do agree, I sincerely doubt that any factory system would have RCA output.
#3 Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
I think the new tC comes with RCA inputs on the back of its head unit.. I could be wrong though. My main problem with adding an amp to the factory headunit is the lack of audio controls on the factory HU. If I splice into the original wires I won't be able to block all the bass from the factory speakers (sure I could go to the audio settings and turn bass down all the way, but that will also affect the subwoofer bass levels since the HU essentially won't even know there's a subwoofer). I also don't want to replace the HU because I'll lose the ability to track vehicle information such as oil life and tire pressure (unless there's some head unit that allows you to maintain this info?? Thanks for all the help!
#4 Old 10-19-2012, 02:33 PM
2010 Corolla S

Sounds like you should replace all the speakers and use a 5 channel amp. Then you can use the built in crossovers to control output to speakers/sub, and just use the HU to send a signal.
#5 Old 11-30-2012, 12:41 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I actually just purchased a 2013 corolla s today i had a 2012 corolla s before the stereo has nice output but u are right, it is garbage. If you stick to the original HU you will need an rca adapter to connect the amp. Im going to install a pioneer double din and kicker subs in the next week.

Touch screen toyota radio for sale haha
#6 Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 PM
New TN User

I just bought a 2013 S too and need to get my sub installed. Hopefully someone figures out how to do it soon.
#7 Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Official TN Member

It's simple. You need to buy adapters online. They have been doing this for years
#8 Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM
New TN User

all you do is add a "high to low converter", it simply has to be spliced in a set of speaker wires in the back of the stereo. after that, you install it like a basic amp install. ill post pictures on here when i did mine the other day
#9 Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanyc View Post
all you do is add a "high to low converter", it simply has to be spliced in a set of speaker wires in the back of the stereo. after that, you install it like a basic amp install. ill post pictures on here when i did mine the other day
I ended up doing just that except I tapped into the rear speakers in the trunk. Hooked up my amp remote wire to the grey wire that hooks to the cigarette/aux outlet. Works like a charm!!!
#10 Old 12-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone kniw where i can buy the 2013 stock touchscreen radio?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#11 Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
the 2013 scion radios have a RCA preout and when you connect a sub u can access more audio settings for the sub. i wonder if the 2013 corollas have this feature?
#12 Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 PM
New TN User

No the corolla doesnt have that option. I connected mine to the rear of the stereo to remove clutter i also installed a bass nob. If you didnt buy a equalizer then its extremely recomended.

I hated that my bass was at full blast when i only had the volume at 20. Let me look for some pics and ill post em on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix Interior and Audio Forum