2013 Corolla Ascent Sport - Rattle noises in dashboard? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix Interior and Audio Forum A forum to discuss 10th Gen Corolla and 2nd Gen Matrix interior and audio maintenance and modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2013 Corolla Ascent Sport - Rattle noises in dashboard?

I am hoping to learn if any other members are experiencing similar dashboard rattle/squeak noises in the 2013 TOYOTA COROLLA ZRE182R ASCENT SPORT S-CVT. I purchased this car in Feb 2013, brand new here in Australia.

A rattle began to develop around the dashboard area. At first, it sounded like a rattle on the left side of the dash near the aircon vent. It took two visits to the dealership service center to repair the rattle.

Within a week of the second visit, the rattle came back - this time in two places, and much worse. The second rattle noise appears to be coming from behind the wheel. Hard to describe the sound, it's more like a high pitched squeaking rather than a dull rattle.

To date I have had wires/brackets either replaced and/or tightened, and also foam applied in numerous places. Still, the rattle persists.

Has anyone experienced this with their new Corolla's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM
2013 Corolla S

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
had similar issue from description in my 69 Ford while the sealant was curing from the new windshield... maybe your windshield needs to be removed and replaced?

2013 Corolla S
#3 Old 08-30-2014, 06:39 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Australia

Hello JasonOConnor, I am experiencing the same problem in my 2013 TOYOTA COROLLA ZRE182R ASCENT. There is a soft rattle coming from the aircon vent on the passesnger side. Sometimes I hear a light rattle from behind the steering wheel, but Ithink I have tracked it down to the plasctic window that covers the tacho.
I have enquired about this rattles at the dealer and they said they are "normal" in these cars.
Did you manage to have yours fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix Interior and Audio Forum