Toyota Nation Forum banner

5-wire trailer wire harness install

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  nbecks 
#1 · (Edited)
I have installed an aftermarket 4-pin wiring harness in my 2015 Highlander, but now need a 5-pin harness with the 5th pin tied to the reverse lights circuit to release the solenoid on the hydraulic breaks on a new trailer.

I started digging to try to locate the wiring for the reverse lights in the ceiling just in front of the rear hatch, but I didn't want to go to far in pulling off the nice new interior panels before seeing if there was an easier route to this wire.

Any suggestions on where the easiest/shortest route would be to get a wire from the wiring harness plug under the back deck to the reverse lights wire? It obviously starts in the middle-top of the rear hatch, but where it routes from there is the million dollar question.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a picture of the ceiling (without the interior roof panel) that shows where this wire runs, or can describe where it goes would be a huge help. Every trailer hitch/towing place I call just scratches their head and won't touch this job...

Thanks,

Timmer

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.