Toyota Nation Forum banner

2016 highlander?

11K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  GregWest 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've been browsing these forums for the last couple months since I was debating on buying a Highlander. Thanks to all the great info I found on here, I decided to do it and put a 2015 Highlander XLE on hold. They told me that it was supposed to arrive here at the end of March or early April. It still has not arrived and I haven't heard a word from the dealership. Since I don't need the Highlander right away, do you think I should wait for the 2016 Highlander to come out? I was thinking the new model should be released sometime in the summer but I'm just guessing. Do you guys think there will be anything worth waiting for? Thanks for any thoughts as I've gong back and forth with this and am still unsure.

#4 ·
If in no rush, you'd hope the 16 would have...

New hatch auto struts.
Better stereo, and better Entune usability,
Improved camera perspectives
Updated head lighting,
Door seals,
Better headliner install and finish
Behind 3rd row carpet quality,
Wheel options in limited+ models
Hope for more useful roof rails
2nd row bench on limited+ models
Droning sounds like something people are experiencing.

#5 ·
I'd factor in what could be used for your family. If you are not in a rush, why would you buy now. The 2014 and 2015 models have some few things that aren't up to standard but could be improved. Phil pointed out a few items above. I would in the mean time look for other brands as well to factor in what could fulfill your needs and wants. I bought the SUV for safety and people movers on the weekends as well as occasional travel. It has all the things I needed for my purpose. I could careless about the options but then those are good to have.

It really is coming down to what are you in the need of an SUV for? The year model shouldn't make any significance affect on your buying one.

#6 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the comments everyone. The only reason I asked is that I would hate to miss out on some new features by waiting just a few months. I really wanted Apple Carplay but since Toyota said they weren't planning on offering it in the near future I don't think that will happen. Since I don't need it right away, I think I will wait it out to see if the 2016 model does offers anything new. I would like to see some safety features (esp BSM and parking assist) added as an optional package to the XLE trim. The worst that can happen is it is exactly the same but a few hundred more expensive. I think I'm willing to take that risk. Thanks again and I hope to join the Highlander owner's club soon!

#7 ·
I would like to see some safety features (esp BSM and parking assist) added as an optional package to the XLE trim. The worst that can happen is it is exactly the same but a few hundred more expensive. I think I'm willing to take that risk. Thanks again and I hope to join the Highlander owner's club soon!
This is what I wish was available for the XLE. The BSM almost got me to jump into a Limited, but the 2nd row bench was way more important. Actually, I'd have gotten the Hybrid had the Limited come with 2nd row bench.

Oh well.

#9 ·
The most glaring omission on the XLE is the lack of memory driver's seat. I was very close to taking the XLE until I realized memory seat settings are only available on the Limited. In retrospect, rather than buy a Limited, I should have walked, ran even. In my family, the SUV is a two driver vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.