Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone updates their highlander software?

19K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  toto 
#1 ·
Just wondering, 'cause I Know for a fact that you can do the update via USB but I have not tried anything yet. I noticed that there's an update option within the navigation console. I don't have Entune so it's different. I have an LE version of 2014 HL only.

Has anyone tried to find out if there's an update for it and how did you go about doing this? I am interested in trying this out, not that the SUV needs it but I want to see if Toyota done anything to it.

any takers?

thanks!

#4 ·
There are two different kinds of updates.

When it prompts you to do an update and magically does it through your phone, that only updates the Entune Apps.

To update the basic Entune operating system, you need to have a dealer do that. And yes, they just put in a USB flash drive with the new version to do the update. To get the dealer to do it for free under the 3/36 basic warranty, you need to complain about an actual problem that has been fixed in a later version. If you want them to do it just to be doing it or your basic warranty has expired, then they'll charge you for their labor time doing it.

#9 ·
Yeah the basic HL AWD...I haven't looked at the version # yet but I logged into Toyota Care website and none of firmware information is shown. It could be just a simple thing but I Toyota wants customers refrain from doing any updates since the car radio systems run on a unique computer :). If it's not broken don't fix it I guess. I'm just curious if anyone ever done it at all...and for what reason.

#11 ·
Toyota doesn't post information about firmware updates publicly. I think Toyota and other car manufacturers don't want to encourage people to keep changing firmware. They don't add features to it, so updates are just for bug fixes. Ideally, it's not broken, but we also know that's not realistic. The main reason people update is in an attempt to solve a problem. Like any other problem with a car, that means a trip to the dealer.

The portion of the software where Toyota adds features - the Entune Apps - can be updated over the air through a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.