Toyota Nation Forum banner

One Week of Quality Time with my '15

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Phil Indeblanc 
#1 ·
Well it's been one whole week and 500 miles since I took delivery on my white 2015 XLE Highlander.
What a pleasant experience it has been even coming from a 2012 RX 350.

On thing I notice on my RX is I thought there was lots of "road noise" beening transferred into the cabin, Expansion strips etc..
Going on the Lexus forum, others have complain about this and some contribute it to the tires Lexus uses...............:dunno:
I wouldn't know for sure because I wasn't about to buy 4 new tires to find out.

Anyway, I notice a lot less road noise feed back in the Highlander...:banana:

#2 ·
My father-in-law drives a 2011 Lexus RX-350 and I drive it occasionally on short trips. I always thought it was one of the best riding vehicles I have driven until we purchased the 2015 Highlander Limited. The Highlander is a little more quiet and feels just as powerful as the 2011 RX350 with a slightly softer ride. Anyway...enjoy your purchase!!!:smile:

#3 ·
Now after spending some time with my '15 Highlander, I sometimes wonder if spending the additional price for a Lexus is really worth it, after all they both use a lot of the same features, controls, and buttons.
Also I was amazed when Toyota made the Venza which is really a lot like the RX 350 but $$$$$ less.

#6 ·
One of my colleagues drives an RX 350, the other drives a new Mercedes GLK. I paid a fair bit less than either of them for my 2015 XLE AWD and I'd take the HL any day over the other two. Build quality is equal to or better in some aspects than the other 2, I have 8 seats to their 5, I can carry more cargo, I have a better sound system (not JBL), and I pay a lot less for insurance.

#8 ·
Agreed... these vehicles are pretty quiet all the way around. My wife got in today, put on her seat belt and shifted the HL into drive... I smiled and said, uh, you might want to start the car first... she looked at me kind of weird then I looked at the tach and it was running already... :) Well done Toyota... we'll see more as we get some miles on ours but first impressions have been good on build quality.

#9 ·
As far as build quality...
If you feel the door panels being a little thin and tinny, you can have deadening material added... and the world changes!
I can't believe the difference it made after adding the stuff on all 4 doors. Its a cheap upgrade you will love every time you open or close the doors. And the inside is even more quiet.

#10 ·
Phil, got a link to your I'm-sure-you-have-posted-about-it instructions and details on adding deadening material?! I HATE how tinny the rear doors feel! The fronts are good, big difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.