Toyota Nation Forum banner

ebay LED tail lights installed - 2015 White XLE

52K views 199 replies 40 participants last post by  A-Aron23 
#1 ·
Happy with these LED's

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
looks nice and neat.. how's the installation?
Install was pretty simple. 2-3 bolts per portion of lights size 10. Inner lights had a 3rd bolt that was kinda of tight to reach but not too bad.

Super sweet. These look nice and bright!

Yes, would be nice to see a night light vs night brake light, vs a day brake light. And a triple cow-saw please.
Ill try to take more pics later.

nice! i have a question. do the inner lights light up when you press the brake?
as far as I know they dont. they just turn on when lights are on but dont quote me on that... ill have to double check with someone in the car to press the brakes

#35 · (Edited)
Install was pretty simple. 2-3 bolts per portion of lights size 10. Inner lights had a 3rd bolt that was kinda of tight to reach but not too bad.

Ill try to take more pics later.

as far as I know they dont. they just turn on when lights are on but dont quote me on that... ill have to double check with someone in the car to press the brakes
inner lights wont come on when you brake as the brake wiring does not go to the lift gate

#7 ·
Ebay Interior lites?

Nice ext lights there. Not quite ready for ext LED replacement. BUT I found, as others here have to I imagine, on Ebay a set of like 9 LED bulbs for '15 HL LE/XLE/etc, interior replacement bulbs.
I have the '15 LE so not sure this differs in amount of interior lights as upgraded HL's.

But I wondered as to the ease of remove/install of the factory lites vs the new LED bulbs. Is it as simple as removing clear covers, removing exist bulbs by hand, installing LED's by simply reattaching to the exist housing. Ebay ad states no mod needed.
So I'm guessing there are no wires within the interior housings and the LED's just "clip"/"snap" into place of the factory bulbs?

Also with 9 bulbs, I asked seller how I would know which LED bulb goes into which housing. They replied that there is a 2 video sample with each order. There are 2 videos in the Ebay online ad where the bulbs are for sale. I've only watched the one where they replaced the front map lites with LED's and it looked very easy. So I'm guessing the same applies to the rest of the interior bulbs then?

I saw in another thread here where OP explained and added pics of how to carefully remove the covers, remove and install new LED's. So I think even I might be able to handle this. Not much of a DIYer here.

So I guess my condensed question should have been. Is it obvious which LED's replace the factory bulbs when replacing interior bulbs? Sheesh, I should delete the other paragraphs now. But yeah, this /\

#8 ·
Yes all the interior bulb types are the same. The 9th I imagine is a festoon type and will be used in the trunk area. How much are the eBay sets going for? I purchased a set of 10 leds on Amazon which would cover the license plate bulbs as well. Purchased the festoon for the trunk area separately

#9 ·
LED's ordered.

Well, since the Ebay ad says specific to '14-'15 HL's with no mods, easy install, I ordered them last nite. Ad says, "Premium Xenon LED's" and its 13 not just 9 bulbs. From the pic it seems not all bulbs are the same size but the ad does say "bulbs include, map, doors, cargo, lic plate, etc to replace all interior bulbs.

It was $17.99 free ship and I ordered the plastic trim remover kit, 4pcs for $4.60 from another Ebay seller.

Shows shipped out today, so let's see what I get. Seems I've seen a single LED bulb priced at $19.99+ so I'm getting all 13 for about the same price. Maybe they wont last, ad says 50,000 hours and has guarantees of fit and quality. So we'll see.

#12 ·
Int LED's

Right. Forgot about those visor lights. Though I need to stop hi-jacking this thread as it's not about interior lights. I'll post my results in another or new thread elsewhere once I attempt to install some of the new LED's. Thanks all.

#11 ·
Nice taillights I have the same set. Funny thing about those taillights, I recently found out that my driverside outer lamp the LEDs do not work when the lights are on. They only work on braking and turn signal. I have since contacted the ebay seller and within the week they are sending me out a replacement. I have checked all the connections again and checked to see if there was a wire short anywhere and nothing is visible. My only recommendation to anyone installing these, go and randomly check the lights once in a while to make sure they are working.

#19 ·
ah if only I could dig up the thread where everyone jumped down my throat when I said there will most likely be reliability issues. Here it goes...

Told you so...

>:D

I do hope that the seller takes care of it though. I dig the look of these lights.

#20 ·
Here is the message I just received from the seller. It looks like the manufacture has a newer version in their September batch that will fix this issue...as they say.

"Hello Friend

we already response this problem.
there said september produce item is new version.
said don't worry

we will quickly shipping to the problem part."

#26 ·
There really is no need to post the same thing in multiple threads.
Lighting guide has plenty of info for the fog replacements, which include sizes and types.

#27 ·
Well thanks for the heads up. I was again, trying not to hijack this thread with my interior lites info as it was titled "LED taillights..."

But I got replies, queries on my reply here, so I continued to post. Just wasn't sure I could delete my post from this thread as I just copied n pasted the body to what I felt might be a more appropriate thread. I shoulda searched first to see if I am being redundant. And now I will try to delete my other post...

Ooops, I did it again.

#42 ·
Here is the reply to my message from yesterday on the status of the replacement outer lamps from the seller:

"Hello Friend

today we get the new part tail lamp.
today we will test 1week. if have not any problem we will send the new part.
manufacture said this is upgrade version.
but for safe we will test 1week, Please Understand.

if you have any question, feel free to contact us.

thank you and have a nice day."

So, I guess the manufacture knew these were faulty as such has redesgined the lamps. I will message him this weekend to see if he actually ships them out and they are ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.