Toyota Nation Forum banner

Has anybody installed one of this HL OEM Security System

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  High Land 
#1 ·
VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM - 2015 Toyota Highlander (PT39848141)

#3 ·
Are you talking about the VIP RS3002 glass break sensor dealer installed option? I got that for my wife 2015 LE Plus AWD when we bought it last year. It was installed by dealer. I think we got a discount on it and I can't remember it was because we bought the car through the Costco purchase program and the installation was free.

#5 ·
had this system installed on my 2015 Highlander XLE[Canadian Version], the car was stolen from my drive way last weekend, with no issues. Police tell me it was on a list of cars that were to be stolen, but couldn't warn me:crying:. They said it was an inside job, someone at the dealership or higher up, providing the details and security info to create a electronic key.

#6 ·
Oh my God, sorry to hear that. I was wondering that the Home security company would have a chance to do the same thing also. They install the system, they know hell well where the box is, they can crack it easity because of that. So I stuffed a lot of heavy things in the closet so that the thief will not have time to clear the way to damage the system.....but sorry to know what happened to your car. I am in Canada too, I shall install it in my XLE anyway. I have made reservation for the car, but waiting for dealer to tell me when the car will arrive.....sold out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.