Toyota Nation Forum banner

Toyota or Lexus Version 9.1 Navigation DVD Update

21K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MetaGear89 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted.

#2 ·
Hi...I am using Gen5 5.1+8.1(hybrid to use the override function). Interested to see the new updates in 9.1.

1. Are the updates in 9.1, related only to map data ? Do you see any change in look & feel, user menus improvements etc ?

2. If I insert the 9.1 DVD, take a tour and if not satisfied can I still use the 8.1 ? In Gen 2/3 you said, it also updates the firmware so revert back is not possible. Is it same for Gen 5 too ?

Thanks

#3 ·
First of all I'm interested to know how you get the hybrid to work. Explain more. Which year and model is your car and which loading.kwi you used to get the hybrid to work?

To answer your questions
1. Usually all the updates disc are just to update the maps and nothing else. The Gen 5 V9.1 has the "I agree" removed (which was removed since the V8.1" and additionally, Hawaii map is now included.

2. I'm not sure if gen 5 is going to override your V8.1 override capability because i never tried it before but as far as generation 2/3 goes, that's what the V9.1 did to my previous V8.1. It somehow updates the firmware so I no longer have the override in the V8.1.

#5 ·
gen5 9.1 North America DVD

Whoever the dude was who posted the DVD on demon, YOU ROCK!!!

Downloaded the .iso, burned a DVD (needed to buy a DL DVD but no biggie) and it works flawlessly. The maps are perfect now. I had v7.1 before and they sucked!!

YOU ARE THE MAN toceba40!!!

With all the F'ups Toyota has made in the past few years, and the denial of culpability in design flaws leading to people losing their lives, I don't feel badly at all saving a few hundred bucks!

Mega

#6 ·
Disc

What's a demon? What DVD.

Whoever the dude was who posted the DVD on demon, YOU ROCK!!!

Downloaded the .iso, burned a DVD (needed to buy a DL DVD but no biggie) and it works flawlessly. The maps are perfect now. I had v7.1 before and they sucked!!

YOU ARE THE MAN toceba40!!!

With all the F'ups Toyota has made in the past few years, and the denial of culpability in design flaws leading to people losing their lives, I don't feel badly at all saving a few hundred bucks!

Mega

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.