Toyota Nation Forum banner

Maintanence for 2009 corolla

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SuperchargedMR2 
#1 ·
I have the 2009 toyota corolla which I have been doing oil filter change every 7500 miles and a tire rotation.

I now have 30k miles on the car.
As many on this forum have suggested that the 30k,60k,90k mile service is a rip-off, please let me know what specific services I should get between now and 100k miles.

Thanks

#2 ·
An easy way to do that is to use Toyota's Maintenance Guide to find out what are the recommended procedures, replacements, inspections, etc., for the different service intervals. Just enter your Corolla's information.

http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/guides.php

Ideal thing would be either to do the work yourself or have a trusted private mechanic do the work, which will be better and cheaper than any dealer.

#3 ·
I did all of the 30k mile service myself, no big deal. Change engine oil, change gear oil, rotate tires & check brakes & all fluids. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Since I dont know how to check the liquid levels of misc ones, what I am asking is what should be the kinds of a la carte services I should be looking at and at what mileage ?

Examples
power steering flush
transmission flush
engine flush
brake fluid flush
and so on..and at what mileage should this be done.

Thanks

#5 ·
Since I dont know how to check the liquid levels of misc ones, what I am asking is what should be the kinds of a la carte services I should be looking at and at what mileage ?

Examples
power steering flush
transmission flush
engine flush
brake fluid flush
and so on..and at what mileage should this be done.

Thanks
Please click on the link in reply #2.

#7 ·
The transmission fluid supposedly doesn't have to be changed until 100k, but I find that BS. 30-50k intervals will extend the life of the transmission. The spec. fluid is Toyota WS.

Bleeding the brakes is easy, I would also do 30-50k interval. All you need is a helper to bleed the brakes, you don't even have to remove the wheels, just jack up the car.

#8 ·
I agree, the single best thing you can do to have a worry free AT is to change the fluid every 30k miles but removing the wheels will make it a lot easier. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.