Toyota Nation Forum banner

Stance

31K views 77 replies 21 participants last post by  NyAnthony3 
#1 ·
Anyone have a corolla sitting on some wheels that is stanced or lowered a decent amount... not talking about lowering springs not the kind of low im talking bout..

trying to get ideas for next set of wheels still... just interested in what other people have for motivation/ideas/thoughts

yes have already been in the photoshop thread nothing of interest in there

#4 ·
I'd suggest 3 piece wheels for ultimate choice in what you'd want to run currently or in teh future. The downside is they're considerably more expensive. I'm drooling over Art In Motion wheels or Nine 1 Forged wheels right now. "Real wheels" are the hot ticket item right now. Brands like "Rota," "Comis Racing," "Vordoven," "ESR," "XXR" etc. are really frowned upon in the show scene. CCW, Water Cooled Industries, Rotiform, SSR, Work, etc. are all really popular items right now. Art In Motion and Nine 1 Forged are newer brands starting to make an impact in the 3 piece field right now.

If you knew all of that already then that's for other peoples info hahaha I'd suggest getting on IG if you don't have an account already and just start following all the 3 piece brands you can find to include the pages selling used, Japanese 3 piece wheels cause those are really hot in the scene right now.

My Corolla's goal: sexy 3 piece wheels (probably Art In Motion) with my BC Racing Extreme Drop Coilovers I've yet to install, custom widebody flares (gonna be expensive as fuck), custom front splitter, custom "VIP" style exhaust, rear window spoiler, idk what else yet.

#14 ·
How are going to fix the camber for the rear?
There is a square plate in the rear with four screws, one on each corner.

Adding a shim to the top two will give Positive Camber.
bottom two = Negative Camber
Front two (two bolt closer to the front) = Toe out
Back two = toe in

I happen to work in a toyota shop so it'll be a breeze doing this to my car. Good luck

#15 ·
I'll take a look around back there tomorrow when I'm installing my coilovers. Don't think I know what you're talking about "square plates" off the top of my head but once I'm down there I'll probably see it haha

#18 ·

BC Racing BR Extreme Drop coilovers installed, no 25mm spacers on in this pic because the rear was rubbing wayyy too much. I'll be getting my fenders rolled soon (this week) and then I'll see if it still rubs or not with the spacers. I need shims for the rear to adjust my camber and toe in so that should help too, especially if I can get it dialed in to about 1.5* of camber (at Firestone, I can't do that shit myself). I want to go a little lower in the front and add a about an extra .25* to .5* of camber on each side of the front (one has a little more than the other in order to keep it all lined up...long story). I need new 3 piece wheels friggin asap.

#22 ·
That's the problem I'm having right now too but the alignment shop (Firestone) wants over 400 bucks to install that shit plus an alignment afterwards. I payed for a lifetime alignment so I could go in every day if I wanted to but yeah...They're charging way too much. Online you can find "EZ shims" for like $7 per side and they're adjustable to get the right degree of camber and toe you want but only go up to like 1.5° of either I think. I wouldn't recommend doubling up on them cause Id think they'd slowly spin over time.

#24 ·
The one with the red wheels looks fucking beautiful. Don't know what wheels all these have but the red ones loom sick.

Look me up on IG everyone who has an account. I'm on there 90% of the day I swear hahaha I don't get on here a whole lot. Search for grain_grippin_spock ;)

Reactions: doctorr13
#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'd check around forst, there's a lot of pages for Corollas already haha there's Corolla Society, Corolove (or something like that), Corolla Kings, and a few more that I'm missing off the top of my head not to mention ones for practically each generation. There might be an 11th gen one already by now.

#29 ·
As far as I know, most people with wheels are running 18x9.5 with +35 or +30 offset for that flush look. Mine are 18x9.5 +30. The wheels poke out a bit but tuck into the wheel well when I hit bumps or dips.

If you're planning to get an 8.5" wide wheel I'd look at wheels with +15 to +25 offset to make up for that 1 inch difference.

#37 ·
Ordered my Tein Basis. Anyone got any input on Adv1 and F1R? They are the only one I seem that seems to sell 18x9.5 Tires.

Also, question for the experts, if its 18x8 I need to put spacers on the wheels to have it look "Fitted"? And is it dangerous to use those spacers? And is the wheels 5x100? And what lock lug nuts size would fit?

Thanks!

#38 ·
18X8 Is the width of the rim itself.. Offset or the wheels you buy is going to play a big role in the fitment and getting that "Flush" look. Lower offset should push the wheel outward, and positive should make it more sunken

If Im correct lol Im not the best to talk about offsets

#47 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what the best offset is for 18x9.5 offsets are (front and rear) for our car in terms of maximizing lip/dish deepness without excessive rubbing over bumps and turns, assuming stretched tires and fenders rolled? Wanting to get the Work Emotion CR 2P (http://www.ravspec.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/15978306085_d2e91fe52f_o.jpg) from RavSpec, but need to figure out the offset predicament. I'm reached out to them for help as well and will share there response if they have one with the forum.

Any guidance would greatly be appreciated.

#50 ·
+22 all aroud. My wheels poke out passed the fenders already lol probably about an inch or so .. Dunno why you would wanna go with a lower offset and get more of a pokr than that... Unless doing a wide body or something you know. I had to roll my fenders a decent amount to get no rub or rash or problems

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.