Toyota Nation Forum banner

Original tires

4K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  GG-corolla 
#1 · (Edited)
My car just hit 34,000mi. How many miles did you get out of your original Firestone tires? What did you replace them with?

#6 ·
I'm at 43,000 on them. I was told (when I was around 40k) that I had 5/32's in the rear and 6-7/32's in the front (if I remember those numbers correctly).

I have the 16's, though so that might make a difference. LE model. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a tire once it's time to replace them? The only other tire I've had much experience with was a Michelin HydroEdge, which was good but still wore down faster than I'd like. And I think it had too much road noise.

#10 ·
I'm pretty sure the 15's come with Hankook Optimo H426, the 16's come with either Michelin Primacy MXV4, Goodyear Eagle RS-A, Toyo Proxes 4 Plus A, or Continental ContiProContact, and the 17's come with either Firestone FR740 or Goodyear Eagle RS-A. I got this info from Tirerack if you were wondering.

#14 ·
So many mixed reviews on tires. I went back to my OEM 17s with the Firestones and boy they are smooth compared to the slightly stretched Sumitomo tires I had mounted on some 18x8/ 18x9 Wheels. I don't think ill go back to Aftermarket wheels again. My MPG also increased from 24/29 to 32/36. I found on tire rack that PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS tires have high performance ratings.

#21 ·
I don't much care for Firestone, so I intend to leave them on my car as they are, no rotating, just make sure they have the proper pressure, and hope they wear quickly, and replace them as soon as possible. They may even get replaced far sooner than necessary. I drive by a place on the way to work that buys old tires, so I may just take whatever they give me, and switch out to Continentals.

#23 ·
Maybe someone can help me with my tires. I swear two of my tires are newer than the other two. I bought my 2014 Corolla S used with 25,000mi in December 2015.

Two tires have one type of stamp, and the other two have another stamp. Were two of my tires made in 2013, and the other two made in 2015? It's pretty evident that two tires have more wear than the others.

I might put the newer tires on the front and keep the older ones on the back so I can get more life out of all tires.

#32 · (Edited)
I'm at 31,9xx on my original 17in firestones. They need rotated again, I should be able to get another 3-5k miles from them this summer/fall. Ill have to replace them before winter hits. I am definitely going with something else. These firestones are too noisy for my liking, and leave something to be desired in highway rain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.