Toyota Nation Forum banner

Siri eyes free on our corollas, made my day!

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  ponyboy3 
#1 ·
This seriously made my day!
For the iPhone, I was bummed that we dont have parity with android device's integration features in our car.
This is so much better, you get the evolution of handsfree as apple sees it. I have no idea how to do this in Android as I use an iPhone 6.

All you do is hold down the button (hangup) for 3 seconds and then say things like:
Text my friend John 'hey man, im on my way'
Read my messages, the texts will be grouped by contact, and sorted by time, you can reply to every message, whatever you want to reply.
Navigate home,
Call toyota of culver city
Check sport scores, showtimes, weather... where to hide dead bodies...

Video: Operate Siri without taking eyes off road!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Does thins apply to 2015 models without Entune and apps/navigation I will be checking but if anyone knows let us know.

I know I can access Siri but I have never tried in this way. I will be trying to send texts and have Siri read emails. I will check tomorrow. If nobody has answered I will let all of you know.

#3 ·
Does thins apply to 2015 models without Entune and apps/navigation I will be checking but if anyone knows let us know.

I know I can access Siri but I have never tried in this way. I will be trying to send texts and have Siri read emails. I will check tomorrow. If nobody has answered I will let all of you know.

Sorry to disappoint. Quote from the link below: 'Siri[emoji768] Eyes Free 12 (available on select 2016 and newer models)'
http://touch.toyota.com/entune/

#5 ·
I wonder if this is a software update or if the head units are different on the 2015 and 2016 models to support this.

Also I'd like to know if it also activates Google Now on Android. The current way I activate Now is with a Tasker profile I picked up in the Avalon forums that waits until I make a call to a certain number, then hangs up and starts voice command input, so it'd be nice if it could be activated with the talk button directly.

#13 ·
I just tried this on my 2015 and nothing happens.

For those of you who use Siri in their 2014-2015 how do you use it? (besides pushing the button on your phone) I am struggling with learning how to use it. If I push the button for a couple of seconds then Siri replies, but it cuts out when I am telling it who to text, it cuts off in the middle of doing anything.

How do you use Siri in your 2014-2015 Corolla? What's the easiest way to use Siri IF YOU HAVE A 2014 or 2015?

#16 · (Edited)
Yeah that sucks man, Toyota is just staying stupid with their infotainment system. Even in the most expensive Lexus the navigation is years behind what is in my phone. The voice recognition is the absolute worst, processing is done in the dash rather than on super computers, there is no warning of upcoming road hazards. Which to me makes their cars less safe. I am constantly texting, chatting and emailing. Add soon as I have to pick up the phone to do anything I am not paying attention to the road. Which is terrible.
The decision to force these stupid systems is purely a financial one. They sell the DVD's for a ridiculous amount and they know that as soon as people get their phone's power in the dash they will not sell anymore DVD's and silly features that they charge for like traffic overlay will be laughable.
As a nerd this really angers me.
I have been using Siri in my car for two days, it is not perfect, but it works really really well. So much so that I now have absolutely no want for for a aftermarket head unit. I'm just going to mount the phone using the CD mount thing, i just wish it would completely cover up the useless screen.
On a completely different note, today I put dynamat into the doors, you will not believe what a difference this makes. It literally made the stock sound system much better. It would no doubt make Siri work better also. Take a look at the video: https://vid.me/kwUz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.