Toyota Nation Forum banner

Official 11th Gen Corolla & iM Chat Thread

147K views 1K replies 106 participants last post by  derelict 
#1 · (Edited)
So this thread is just for 11th Gen Corolla and iM owners to talk to each other about non-car related things. So, talk about sports or something...Have Fun!:grin:

#5 ·
Not I but I do need to get on a decent workout routine. Old age is starting to catch up with me. Used to be able to just think about it and drop weight. I guess I'll have to face the music and work at it now. :headbang:

Reactions: MaCRolla
#8 · (Edited)
I probably have said this before but I keep seeing a black 2014 Corolla CE or LE and it has red fogs, blacked out wheels,emblems and windows, a few stickers, and I also think the guy has a midpipe on it!(The exhaust tip looks untouched but there looks like an aftermarket mid exhaust pipe under the car and it sounds so AWESOME!)

#9 ·
Hola everyone. New 2015 Corolla S Plus owner here :thumbsup:

I'm in the Air Force and am currently in North West Texas :D I've made an account on here for the lawls and want to use it in case I ever need technical support or something but don't imagine I'll venture from this 11th gen part of the forum.

Anyways, carry on :)

Reactions: BravoRed691
#13 ·
Thanks fellas :) sooo since this is suppose to be the BS thread I guess, and not really car related...what're y'alls opinion of T-Mobile? I'm currently under my parents Verizon plan still but I just got married 3 weeks ago and my wife and I are shopping around. T-Mobile seems to be the most affordable with the most international coverage that doesn't cost extra and unlimited music streaming data (Pandora type apps), etc. The only draw back is their coverage seems to be ubber spotty in a lot of places but especially in Wyoming/Montata/Idaho where I have familia.

#15 ·
t mobile

Live in spokane wa. 20 miles from idaho. T mobile works well in town but outside town 4g is nothing. took trips to seattle and la this summer and worked good there . Seems to be a great city phone buts drops to 2g in country. Calls can be made but no data coverage. They are supposed to have 4g in 2g areas by end of 2015. The price point for 5 smartphones on our plan is 160.00 and 1 phone has insurance and a 10.00 fee for more gb and the other 4 phones have 1gb each.

#16 ·
Live in spokane wa. 20 miles from idaho. T mobile works well in town but outside town 4g is nothing. took trips to seattle and la this summer and worked good there . Seems to be a great city phone buts drops to 2g in country. Calls can be made but no data coverage. They are supposed to have 4g in 2g areas by end of 2015. The price point for 5 smartphones on our plan is 160.00 and 1 phone has insurance and a 10.00 fee for more gb and the other 4 phones have 1gb each.
You can unlock the phones you currently have now and use them with ATT off contract until Tmobile gets the reception issued taken care of.

#27 · (Edited)
Official 11th Gen Corolla Chat Thread

Anybody else here a fan of sea turtles? Any recommendations for a red dot sight on an AR15 that won't make me broke?

Edit: Also I think I'm switching to T-Mobile with my family and splitting the cost. $110+taxes/fees come out to around $26 per line for 5 people. This included unlimited talk+text and 2.5 of high speed data, after, it is throttled to 2G ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#36 ·
Random new topic lol walking through the walmart parking lot I realized that there were 3 different body style Honda Civics parked in the same vicinity all of them were post 2008. My question is why the hell does Honda make so many revamps of the Civic every year or so?!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#38 ·
No they were like different exteriors and interiors all together, not just an SI next to an EX/LX or whatever they're called these days lol I just thought it was weird. If you think about it, no one changes their body styles more than Honda does their Civic. They kept the Fit's the same for like 6 years but the Civics they've redone every 2 years it feels like.

#42 ·
How well does the 2014 corolla performs in snow conditions. It is a serious question. Is gonna be my first winter with this car, my previous car had 4WD, I just want to get some impresions from people who may have hit the icy roads already.

#43 ·
I don't live in a cold cimate but I learned to drive in minot, North Dakota so I think it's safe to say I know how to drive in the winter.

That being said...there are 2 reasons why these Corollas shouldn't have any issues on the ice if you baby the gas and brakes: 1.) they're FWD & 2.) they're not zippy from 0 to 40 and I've tried to get mine (a 2015 S Plus) to break the tires loose and wasn't able to even with the traction control off so I think you're fine as long as you aren't speeding or anything. I don't think you'll have any reason to be worried. Now, tires may be an issue but idk what model you're getting so tires vary from model to model.

#48 ·
So something very sad has happened in the past week...:( So my uncle was driving his 2001 Honda Odyessy on the highway at around midnight and then all of a sudden, he said that all of the lights started to flash and one by one, each light failed(interior and exterior)! So, he was pretty much driving on the highway in pitch black.(He said that he couldn't see his own hand!) He could have stopped on the highway but none of his lights worked so someone could have hit him. Luckily, there was an 18 wheeler in front of him so he followed that and got to the exit of the highway and he made it to a gas station.

He called for a tow truck to tow him back home and it turned out the alternator failed which caused the battery to not charge. The repair is $1,000+ and considering he bought the van for only $1,300, he isn't going to repair it. Now it has just been sitting in the driveway for the past week and my uncle needs a new work van.:( I feel bad for him...

You can even see the tears run down on the van!

#51 ·
Apparently it is more than the alternator that went bad. I'm pretty a lot of fuses were blown as well as something else that I can't remember off the top of my head. And to add on to this, the transmission is going to give out soon too but that is a common problem with these Odyessy's so there's that...However, I overheard my uncle talking about fixing the van though...

As for a new van, how does this one look?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/kingston-on/2002-pontiac-montana-minivan-van-as-is/1016745556?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#53 ·
That is true but he will probably drive the van until something breaks and then replace it with a better van(he doesn't have a big budget for a new van at the moment...). Also, before he bought the Honda a year ago, he had a Chevy Venture which is the same as the Pontiac and it lasted from '04 till '13 so he already knows the van inside and out.

I'd rather want him to get a Toyota Sienna but they are all so expensive in my area!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.