Toyota Nation Forum banner

Can you change clutch stage in CVT?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  josh995 
#1 ·
Hello, Sorry I am new to the entire car thing, just bought a 2015 rolla S 3 months ago, and I'm trying to learn about how cars work and more specifically what i can do to my CVT corolla.

I'm just wondering if there is anything i can do to my "one gear" system to make it more of an aggressive ride.

#3 ·
^^^ What he said.

Sport Mode + Manual Mode is the best part of the sport trims, making it more fun to drive.

If your looking to slightly mod your car, I would recommend a K&N Air Filter. Heard good things about its performance.

#6 ·
That turbo kit is interesting, but i haven't seen anyone install that to their car yet, so It will be a huge risk.

I would definitely install a K and N Cold Air Intake, assuming you don't live in CA.

Along with that, I would get a K and N Air Filter, an exhaust, and a
smart controller kit ((http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/pr...oducts_id=2087).

Otherwise, there's really nothing else you can do with the corolla CVT. You probably should have gotten a 6 speed manual, or another car. It sucks that toyota doesn't bother to add more modifications.

#7 ·
There is someone who has a custom made turbo kit for his 2014 Corolla but it's a 6 speed manual. Even though I'm not 100% sure, the CVT's in this Corolla could hold up to some power since they use a strong belt but since it's not tested yet, then we won't know. The best thing to do is to get another CVT so you can test to see how they hold up but you would need some money...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.