Toyota Nation Forum banner

Bluetooth connectivity issues

72K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  DjAnnexAlpha 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am a recent new owner of a 2014 Corolla S, having traded in my 2010 Corolla S for it. Great car and am happy with it. I'm also a new member to this forum having joined to ask one thing.

For those that have purchased this car, have you had any issues keeping your smartphone connected to the Entune system via bluetooth? What I have noticed from day 1 is that my phone constantly connects, then disconnects, then X amount of seconds later will reconnect. It does this over and over again as long as I'm in my car. I think this is messing with other settings in the Entune system too as when ever my phone is doing this I cannot change various settings in there like the color scheme used in the general settings for example. Other general settings also are unavailable while my phone is disconnected. It took me 3 days to get the voice recognition trained as it would only allow me to reach that option with my phone connected. Very weird. My contacts would also sometimes fail to transfer so I turned that automatic setting off, but didn't help anything.

I am going to be contacting my dealer this week to see what they can do as this to me is unacceptable when I spend $20K on a new car to get these new tech features.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this. My phone is a Motorola Electrify M.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I did notice something today though. After work I took a trip to the grocery store, about a 3 mile drive. On the way there my phone disconnected, then reconnected via bluetooth 5 times. Same thing I've been seeing since day 1. Now up to this point my phone has always been in my right pants pocket while I'm in the car. That is the nice thing about these bluetooth systems in cars. You don't have to think. Just keep the phone's bluetooth on, get in car, start 'er up and away you go. The phone and car do everything without you thinking about it.

Anyway, I digress. As I left the grocery store for home I had removed my phone from my pocket and place it in one of the cup holders. On that very same 3 mile route, but now home, my phone did not disconnect once. That is the first time that has happened since getting the car a little over a week ago.

I guess my leg hurts the bluetooth connection?? Anyways, I'm going to try keeping the phone out of my pocket for a week and see if the working trend continues before I call my dealer (which I was going to do right after my grocery store stop today)

#5 ·
I'm still having issues. What I found strange is that when all this is happening there are some things I cannot access in Entune. For instance,some things in general settings like color scheme. Also when I push the main settings button the square for car settings is blacked out and so is my dial pad and contacts yet my phone says it is connected and so does the car. Its like half my Entune is inaccessible. Then something happens and I can access all of it. Only for it to go away a minute later.

I'm going to take the car in to the dealer today. Hopefully they find something. In a Google search I found another forum where people with this new Entune system are having the same problem. I say new because the 2014's are the first to get this particular Entune system.

#6 ·
I have not had the phone connecTivity issues. I know that contacts, dial pad, and many config settings are grayed out while the car is in motion... Something like above 12 mph and it blocks you out. I am hoping someone will find a secrect diag mode to unlock this.

I DO have an issue with the weather map, I can never get this to come up, even when parked. I just get downloading data then it goes back to the selection screen for nearby cities and all.

I also have issues when I ignore a call, it stars calling me with a "private number" and does not stop until I cut Bluetooth off on the phone. Anybody see these issues?

#7 ·
I have the contacts, dial pad, and many config settings grayed out all the time. And then randomly they will appear and can be used. That happens at complete stops, in park, and while traveling down the highway. I haven't found a rhyme or reason to it yet.

My trip to the dealer today was kind of a waste. :headbang: I admit I didn't have an appointment or anything. Sales played around with it and re-paired my phone to the car, even though I told them I already did that multiple times. But I let them do their little deal.

I showed them the issues and the the guy helping me seemed like he didn't know what he was doing and wasn't very knowledgable about the system. Most of the other sales folks were busy. I did make an appointment for next Saturday to have a "master technician" look at it. We'll see what happens with that. I got to say, so far in my few weeks of owning this car this Entune system is turning into the headache I like to avoid in cars. :facepalm:

#8 ·
Dang. Sorry to hear that. I havent played much with the entune set of apps yet, more than installing them. That being said, when I did set them up, the whole system seemed to do an update tha took about twenty minutes. Did yours do that? Not sure if you could force and update, has to be some way. Maybe the "master" tech will know.

Other than that, phone updates and testing with someone else's phone...?

I am bout to take a drive, I am letting my girl drive so I can play with entune, if I see any of this happening I'll let ya know.

#13 ·
I have a issue with the NAV system and bluetooth.

If I miss a call or hit ignore on my phone while not in the car. Then go in the car, as soon as bluetooth connects I get a call from "Private Caller" that I can neither answer or deny. It is really weird. I have to reboot my phone for it to go away. Meanwhile I have no radio as it is like a call coming in.

I am thinking it is the phone and plan on trying my girl's to see if I get same result.

Anybody else see this one?

#18 ·
Both my phones work with no issues. One IPhone and one HTC

#19 ·
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I have the same problem. I got my car a week ago and it will connect at start up and sometimes the entire 22 miles to work no problems. Sometimes it will disconnect but only the audio player. Kind of disappointing that it does that.

#25 ·
Could you elaborate how this works? I have the basic radio with the touch screen. Dont have the entune suite of apps or satellite radio or any of that stuff.

#26 ·
I have the nav system. When I am in park, I can hit apps (real button), then settings, then General, scroll two pages down, software update, then update. It then seems to use Bluetooth on phone to go out and check for updates, it also shows current version for operating system, device driver, and audio. All current versions are AU.26.61...

I am not sure if it work the same on non NAV system...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#27 ·
So I checked and it seems I am fully up to date. I have yet to able to fully stream a song without it disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times. I am trying to eliminate all possible problems but I may have to just take it to the dealer. I'm just worried they won't be able to help me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.