Painted to match or black?

• Painted

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Black

Votes: 26 51.0%

Ground Effects poll

33K views 88 replies 27 participants last post by  oceanway99 
#1 ·
Which look do you prefer...painted to match body color? or Shiny black to match grill and wheels?

See less See more
#7 ·
The black/white combo is why I almost got the white version. My wife and I both realized I wouldn't keep it clean enough to look good though, so I didn't.
What color did you end up with? I'm in the same boat - I like the contrast of the white, but don't keep my cars clean. Most of the Corolla colors don't bother me and also aren't something I would pick, so it makes it tough to decide.

#6 ·
I like them both also, but I voted for painted.

It depends a bit what you are going for as far as looks, though.

(And the pictures surprised me a bit).

To me, the painted looks a bit classier and also shows off the body kit a bit more.

The black looks a bit sportier (especially on a car with the painted calipers), but if I am going to spend the money on ground effects, I'd like people to notice them (without them being in your face - which the painted achieves).

#8 ·
The black looks good on all the S model colors but I lean towards the painted. Both would look really good with the car lowered....even on the stock 17" wheels. I do work for SET and yes this will be available in the next couple months. It will be a branded package at first and then available as a stand alone part kit. Thanks all.

#10 · (Edited)
Painted!! :) it's just me or i see the side skirt from the black one, but not on the painted one?? if i can have one painted in grey slate metallic it will be nice ;)

i am waiting for the parts numbers :) also where did you get your Del on your front bumper? it's a Xrs sign that i see on the back of the car lol?

#17 ·
Painted, much cleaner look & makes it look like they were supposed to be there all the time & not an add on after thought. :thumbsup:

#21 ·
Any idea what sort of price point these will sit at? I like the way these look. I wish they ran down the bottom center on the front too to square in the black grille the S has. i'm not a huge fan of how it drops off into oblivion on the bottom.

#29 ·
Thats the beauty about plasti-dip. You can spend $7 on a can and just fix it. No need to wait hours and hours to cure. I plasti-dip a lot so to someone like me its a super easy and quick fix. Besides, with plasti dip the choices for colors are almost endless like with paint without the shortcomings of actually using paint :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.