Toyota Camry SE Sport Limited Edition Model Released - Page 4 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota News

Toyota News News and discussion related to the Toyota family brand.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #46 (permalink)
nike air max

Gameroom cash: $1871204
Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View got-rice's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camread View Post
I think speedwayBlue is discontinued in all toyota models. I know they never offer SB in the camry but it was available on 07 corolla S and even in the Tundra/tacos so why not on camry SPORT EDITION?????
I just checked the Tacoma, and you are right, they discontinued last year. IMO, it was the most distinct color in the Taco palette, especially on the X-Runner. The Nautical Blue Metallic looks boring compared to it. Speaking of which, you never see any of the newer facelifted X-Runners on the street, they're pretty rare nowadays.
got-rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
'13 SE

Gameroom cash: $1264140
View Camread's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
I just checked the Tacoma, and you are right, they discontinued last year. IMO, it was the most distinct color in the Taco palette, especially on the X-Runner. The Nautical Blue Metallic looks boring compared to it. Speaking of which, you never see any of the newer facelifted X-Runners on the street, they're pretty rare nowadays.
I think I saw two Xrunners since it came out. You think people dont buy them because its impractical? I forgot about Voodoo blue....its now gone too.
Camread is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
nike air max

Supreme Member
Quote:
I think I saw two Xrunners since it came out. You think people dont buy them because its impractical? I forgot about Voodoo blue....its now gone too.
If you don't see many of them, its likely that the demand for them isn't there, or at least a lot less than say a Tacoma D Cab Pre Runner, which is a popular grade for the Taco much like a Camry LE. Most Taco owners want the raised height, rather than the decreased utility that the X-Runner presents. The 236 hp in the vehicle doesn't really cut it anymore.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #49 (permalink)
CRESSIDA!!!

Gameroom cash: $966570
Supreme Member
Garage
View 84Cressida's Photo Gallery
The 2WD Tacomas, the true ones, not the Prerunner, aren't nearly as common as they used to be. The 2WD ones just look awkward and have weird proportions, while the 4WD ones look handsome, due to the bigger size of the current Taco compared to the 1st generation and the Hilux before that.
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 57,000 mi
2006 BMW 330i Sedan 123,000 mi
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 95,000 mi
84Cressida is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #50 (permalink)
'13 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
If you don't see many of them, its likely that the demand for them isn't there, or at least a lot less than say a Tacoma D Cab Pre Runner, which is a popular grade for the Taco much like a Camry LE. Most Taco owners want the raised height, rather than the decreased utility that the X-Runner presents. The 236 hp in the vehicle doesn't really cut it anymore.
yep, it needs a V8 or a S/C. but atleast it still has a stick
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
nike air max

Supreme Member
Quote:
yep, it needs a V8 or a S/C. but atleast it still has a stick
TRD still offers the SC for the Tacoma engine (good for the FJ & 4Runner too). Gives you at least 300 hp, but you got to have it installed by the dealer for the better warranty.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #52 (permalink)
nike air max

Supreme Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Cressida View Post
The 2WD Tacomas, the true ones, not the Prerunner, aren't nearly as common as they used to be. The 2WD ones just look awkward and have weird proportions, while the 4WD ones look handsome, due to the bigger size of the current Taco compared to the 1st generation and the Hilux before that.
Spot on. Because of the fact that trucks are fashionable for regular everyday driving, much of Tacoma sales are the Prerunner because of the way it looks and the fact that you can carry 5 passengers. The Regular Cabs are still utilitarian and selling mostly to folks who engage in some work usage (construction, maintenance, etc.).
Old 10-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
'13 SE

most of the trucks I see today are double cabs (4 doors), I don't know why they didn't start selling them earlier like in the 90's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota News