Lexus LFA Successor on Hold - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Toyota News News and discussion related to the Toyota family brand.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Newbie One Kanobi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver04rollas View Post
LF-LC from what all it seems like, sounds nothing like an LFA. It will be a hybrid and all of Toyota/Lexus hybrids have CVT with it. I think it would be like a V6 mated to a hybrid motor.

I know there is a lot of anticipation for the LF-LC, but I am very pessimistic about it and I think it will not nearly obsessively about driving experience as the LFA was.

An entire factory with carbon fiber looms and hand built process for the whole car was created just for LFA. It would be a waste now that it will no longer be put to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08SLq...layer_embedded

I guess when I said pansy I was referring to their sorry attempt with the last gen SC. The previous SC's were nice. So maybe this new LF-LC will be a true successor to the SC or a new SC that can compete with Merc and BMW's coupes. I have no doubt it will give them a good run for their money. With Lexus committed to making "fun" cars and not the boring fall asleep ones. Which is good in my book! Ironically BMW is becoming softer...well overall it seems. They still make some very good cars.

Obama: Don't know my head from my A**

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Vivir el momento

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanked 2,396 Times in 1,516 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Great news.

Now they need to refocus their efforts on getting the next Supra to market pronto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota News