Lexus LFA Successor on Hold - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota News

Toyota News News and discussion related to the Toyota family brand.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newbie One Kanobi

Gameroom cash: $3042100
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View ECHOKnight2000's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver04rollas View Post
LF-LC from what all it seems like, sounds nothing like an LFA. It will be a hybrid and all of Toyota/Lexus hybrids have CVT with it. I think it would be like a V6 mated to a hybrid motor.

I know there is a lot of anticipation for the LF-LC, but I am very pessimistic about it and I think it will not nearly obsessively about driving experience as the LFA was.

An entire factory with carbon fiber looms and hand built process for the whole car was created just for LFA. It would be a waste now that it will no longer be put to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08SLq...layer_embedded

I guess when I said pansy I was referring to their sorry attempt with the last gen SC. The previous SC's were nice. So maybe this new LF-LC will be a true successor to the SC or a new SC that can compete with Merc and BMW's coupes. I have no doubt it will give them a good run for their money. With Lexus committed to making "fun" cars and not the boring fall asleep ones. Which is good in my book! Ironically BMW is becoming softer...well overall it seems. They still make some very good cars.

ECHOKnight2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Vivir el momento

Gameroom cash: $1881397
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,513 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
View PhatRoyale's Photo Gallery
Great news.

Now they need to refocus their efforts on getting the next Supra to market pronto.
PhatRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota News