Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/)
-   Toyota News (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/38-toyota-news/)
-   -   Toyota Furia Concept Video, First Look: 2013 Detroit Auto Show (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/38-toyota-news/441721-toyota-furia-concept-video-first-look-2013-detroit-auto-show.html)

AutoGuide.com 01-15-2013 02:55 PM

Toyota Furia Concept Video, First Look: 2013 Detroit Auto Show
 

The Toyota Furia concept is meant to foreshadow the styling of the next-gen Corolla, and it definitely takes the Corolla’s bland style and jazzes it up quite a bit.

As strictly a design concept, what is under the hood of Furia is still unknown. What is confirmed is that the Furia will be longer and wider than the current Corolla, suggesting that the Toyota’s popular compact will be growing in it’s next iteration. It also gets LED lighting and carbon fiber trim.

More: Toyota Furia Concept Video, First Look: 2013 Detroit Auto Show on AutoGuide.com


CarGuyLee 01-16-2013 01:20 PM

So what do you think will chang from the concept? I'm thinking /hoping that that the rear is pretty close currently, as far as the front, I think the headlights will get a little thicker and the lower air damn toned down a bit, with 'normal' areas for fog lamps?

Should we expect to see the actual new corolla at the end of this year? Fall?

RningOnFumes 01-16-2013 01:31 PM

I like it.

As a Yaris sedan driver I have to say it has some similar body lines especially toward the rear. It's almost as if the Yaris sedan "grew-up".

aznstylez 01-18-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarGuyLee (Post 4147713)
So what do you think will chang from the concept? I'm thinking /hoping that that the rear is pretty close currently, as far as the front, I think the headlights will get a little thicker and the lower air damn toned down a bit, with 'normal' areas for fog lamps?

Should we expect to see the actual new corolla at the end of this year? Fall?

Get rid of all the chrome from the front. Even though I like the design this could've been a 4 door Scion TC since the C-pillar looks like it came from the new TC. Color paint the bottom moulding/molding.

Xenos 01-18-2013 06:54 PM

I like the chrome accents in the front. It's not too little, not too much. I think overall the design looks really good. They could leave it just like that and put a Corolla badge on it. I would think the production model isn't going to feature those nice wheels except as an option. The problem will be that Toyota will stick some ugly 16 inch steel wheels with hubcaps on the entry level version and hubcaps with that body design just won't look right at all IMO.

TubRog5 01-20-2013 03:11 PM

Longer and wider? These cars just keep getting bigger. It looks okay to me. I'm not into these "looks like a hatchback but isn't a hatchback" body styles.

Yoytota 01-22-2013 10:20 PM

I like it, but what Toyota needs to do to attract younger buyers it make it faster. 132 hp is not a lot. they should put the 2.5 from the Camry in it or the 2.5 from the TC (maybe go back to turbo charging). the current Corolla is nice but the KIA Forte has it beat, more models more engine choices and overall better looks IMO. (except the Koup, the TC has that beat...)

Zmon 01-22-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoytota (Post 4193137)
I like it, but what Toyota needs to do to attract younger buyers it make it faster. 132 hp is not a lot. they should put the 2.5 from the Camry in it or the 2.5 from the TC (maybe go back to turbo charging). the current Corolla is nice but the KIA Forte has it beat, more models more engine choices and overall better looks IMO. (except the Koup, the TC has that beat...)

Bring back the XRS and put the 2.5 in it?

Camread 01-23-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zmon (Post 4193361)
Bring back the XRS and put the 2.5 in it?

That could be plan B. Idealy, XRS with rumored 2.0T would be nicer :naughty:

Yoytota 01-23-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camread (Post 4194377)
That could be plan B. Idealy, XRS with rumored 2.0T would be nicer :naughty:

Bring back the XRS with the 2.5, and have an option to turbo the 1.8. Then an option to put a TRD exhaust on (like the one on the TC) it so you can here that thing whistle. :thumbsup: Hyundai's Veloster, has a 1.6 Turbo (twin scroll) that makes 201 hp and 195 lbs of torque. Thats a lot of power squeezed out of that small engine.

got-rice 01-23-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoytota (Post 4195793)
Bring back the XRS with the 2.5, and have an option to turbo the 1.8. Then an option to put a TRD exhaust on (like the one on the TC) it so you can here that thing whistle. :thumbsup: Hyundai's Veloster, has a 1.6 Turbo (twin scroll) that makes 201 hp and 195 lbs of torque. Thats a lot of power squeezed out of that small engine.

don't need a TRD exhaust...plenty of other options. Anyway, the 2.5 is speculation...just wait and see what the Big T brings. It still has to be the commuter car everyone buys, not the little pocket rocket.

Yoytota 01-23-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by got-rice (Post 4197673)
don't need a TRD exhaust...plenty of other options. Anyway, the 2.5 is speculation...just wait and see what the Big T brings. It still has to be the commuter car everyone buys, not the little pocket rocket.

Every car has options. one could be a commuter car, the other a spec-ed out pocket rocket. Just like the Nissan Sentra line up used to be, one was a slow commuter car, the other one a SE-R spec v and some in between, you know before they ruined it for the 2013 model year.

CarGuyLee 01-23-2013 03:53 PM

It would be nice to see it with some other engine options, a little sportier but still getting mid 30's.

Since it seems to be so much wider and the wheelbase longer, I wonder what kind of interior room we can expect. I wonder if they are going after a rear seat the size of a Jetta, they are pretty roomy in the back.

Xenos 01-23-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zmon (Post 4193361)
Bring back the XRS and put the 2.5 in it?

The tC already fills that slot, even has the same room in the backseat as the Corolla and more cargo capacity due to the hatch on the back. The only thing it doesn't have is 4 doors which I understand some might prefer. But for all intents and purposes the tC is a Corolla XRS.

ECHOKnight2000 01-23-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by got-rice (Post 4197673)
don't need a TRD exhaust...plenty of other options. Anyway, the 2.5 is speculation...just wait and see what the Big T brings. It still has to be the commuter car everyone buys, not the little pocket rocket.

Okay Zythr the II:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenos (Post 4198593)
The tC already fills that slot, even has the same room in the backseat as the Corolla and more cargo capacity due to the hatch on the back. The only thing it doesn't have is 4 doors which I understand some might prefer. But for all intents and purposes the tC is a Corolla XRS.

Good points and true but most people don't want to be associated or want the Scion badge. Plus the Toyota badge and tC doesn't have the same equity as the Rolla and to be honest you don't see much exposure of the tC. But that's the point, the tC is a niche car and 2 doors are very low volume anyway. Each will be good for what it is.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome