Toyota Furia Concept Video, First Look: 2013 Detroit Auto Show - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Toyota News News and discussion related to the Toyota family brand.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Toyota Furia Concept Video, First Look: 2013 Detroit Auto Show

The Toyota Furia concept is meant to foreshadow the styling of the next-gen Corolla, and it definitely takes the Corolla’s bland style and jazzes it up quite a bit.

As strictly a design concept, what is under the hood of Furia is still unknown. What is confirmed is that the Furia will be longer and wider than the current Corolla, suggesting that the Toyota’s popular compact will be growing in it’s next iteration. It also gets LED lighting and carbon fiber trim.

More: Toyota Furia Concept Video, First Look: 2013 Detroit Auto Show on AutoGuide.com

Last edited by AutoGuide.com; 01-16-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what do you think will chang from the concept? I'm thinking /hoping that that the rear is pretty close currently, as far as the front, I think the headlights will get a little thicker and the lower air damn toned down a bit, with 'normal' areas for fog lamps?

Should we expect to see the actual new corolla at the end of this year? Fall?
#3 Old 01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Ninja-rator

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
I like it.

As a Yaris sedan driver I have to say it has some similar body lines especially toward the rear. It's almost as if the Yaris sedan "grew-up".

#4 Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Senior TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuyLee View Post
So what do you think will chang from the concept? I'm thinking /hoping that that the rear is pretty close currently, as far as the front, I think the headlights will get a little thicker and the lower air damn toned down a bit, with 'normal' areas for fog lamps?

Should we expect to see the actual new corolla at the end of this year? Fall?
Get rid of all the chrome from the front. Even though I like the design this could've been a 4 door Scion TC since the C-pillar looks like it came from the new TC. Color paint the bottom moulding/molding.
#5 Old 01-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I like the chrome accents in the front. It's not too little, not too much. I think overall the design looks really good. They could leave it just like that and put a Corolla badge on it. I would think the production model isn't going to feature those nice wheels except as an option. The problem will be that Toyota will stick some ugly 16 inch steel wheels with hubcaps on the entry level version and hubcaps with that body design just won't look right at all IMO.

When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious sh*t.
#6 Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Official TN Member

Longer and wider? These cars just keep getting bigger. It looks okay to me. I'm not into these "looks like a hatchback but isn't a hatchback" body styles.

Last edited by TubRog5; 01-29-2013 at 08:16 PM.
#7 Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
uh I mean Toyota

Garage
I like it, but what Toyota needs to do to attract younger buyers it make it faster. 132 hp is not a lot. they should put the 2.5 from the Camry in it or the 2.5 from the TC (maybe go back to turbo charging). the current Corolla is nice but the KIA Forte has it beat, more models more engine choices and overall better looks IMO. (except the Koup, the TC has that beat...)
#8 Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytota View Post
I like it, but what Toyota needs to do to attract younger buyers it make it faster. 132 hp is not a lot. they should put the 2.5 from the Camry in it or the 2.5 from the TC (maybe go back to turbo charging). the current Corolla is nice but the KIA Forte has it beat, more models more engine choices and overall better looks IMO. (except the Koup, the TC has that beat...)
Bring back the XRS and put the 2.5 in it?

2007 Camry SE 2.4
MDX Retrofit + Black Series lens + CBI, Rosen G3, LED interior/license plate, Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights
#9 Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM
'13 SE

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmon View Post
That could be plan B. Idealy, XRS with rumored 2.0T would be nicer
#10 Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
uh I mean Toyota

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camread View Post
That could be plan B. Idealy, XRS with rumored 2.0T would be nicer
Bring back the XRS with the 2.5, and have an option to turbo the 1.8. Then an option to put a TRD exhaust on (like the one on the TC) it so you can here that thing whistle. Hyundai's Veloster, has a 1.6 Turbo (twin scroll) that makes 201 hp and 195 lbs of torque. Thats a lot of power squeezed out of that small engine.
#11 Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
nike air max

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytota View Post
Bring back the XRS with the 2.5, and have an option to turbo the 1.8. Then an option to put a TRD exhaust on (like the one on the TC) it so you can here that thing whistle. Hyundai's Veloster, has a 1.6 Turbo (twin scroll) that makes 201 hp and 195 lbs of torque. Thats a lot of power squeezed out of that small engine.
don't need a TRD exhaust...plenty of other options. Anyway, the 2.5 is speculation...just wait and see what the Big T brings. It still has to be the commuter car everyone buys, not the little pocket rocket.
#12 Old 01-23-2013, 03:43 PM
uh I mean Toyota

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
don't need a TRD exhaust...plenty of other options. Anyway, the 2.5 is speculation...just wait and see what the Big T brings. It still has to be the commuter car everyone buys, not the little pocket rocket.
Every car has options. one could be a commuter car, the other a spec-ed out pocket rocket. Just like the Nissan Sentra line up used to be, one was a slow commuter car, the other one a SE-R spec v and some in between, you know before they ruined it for the 2013 model year.
#13 Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Official TN Member

It would be nice to see it with some other engine options, a little sportier but still getting mid 30's.

Since it seems to be so much wider and the wheelbase longer, I wonder what kind of interior room we can expect. I wonder if they are going after a rear seat the size of a Jetta, they are pretty roomy in the back.
#14 Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmon View Post
The tC already fills that slot, even has the same room in the backseat as the Corolla and more cargo capacity due to the hatch on the back. The only thing it doesn't have is 4 doors which I understand some might prefer. But for all intents and purposes the tC is a Corolla XRS.

When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious sh*t.
#15 Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Newbie One Kanobi

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
Okay Zythr the II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
The tC already fills that slot, even has the same room in the backseat as the Corolla and more cargo capacity due to the hatch on the back. The only thing it doesn't have is 4 doors which I understand some might prefer. But for all intents and purposes the tC is a Corolla XRS.
Good points and true but most people don't want to be associated or want the Scion badge. Plus the Toyota badge and tC doesn't have the same equity as the Rolla and to be honest you don't see much exposure of the tC. But that's the point, the tC is a niche car and 2 doors are very low volume anyway. Each will be good for what it is.

Liberalism: We think we know what's best for everyone but we won't follow it, but you're darn tootin we'll charge you for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota News