Toyota Nation Forum banner

Lexus IS300h to Bow at Geneva Motor Show

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ogtemps 
#1 ·

After revealing the all-new 2014 Lexus IS at the Detroit Auto Show, the Toyota luxury division is planning a world premiere for the first every IS hybrid in Geneva next month.

While no details on powertrain have been released, it’s expected to be a version of the 200 hp 2.5-liter 4-cylinder hybrid found in the Lexus ES300h. In North America that car is rated at 40 mpg. In a smaller IS model, and with less-stringent mileage testing in Europe, it could hit closer to 50 mpg overseas.

SEE MORE: 2013 Lexus ES Review – Video

Lexus has also confirmed the IS300h will be available with an F-Sport version, including exterior and interior design enhancements, not to mention the cool LFA-style sliding gauges.

SEE MORE: 2014 Lexus IS Prototype Review

No details of the IS300h for the North American market have yet been announced, but it’s expected to be offered in the near future.

In addition, Lexus will also showcase its LF-CC concept at the Geneva Motor Show, as well as an expanded range of F Sport models.
Read the complete story on the Lexus IS300h at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#4 ·
Probably wouldn't sell tons, but I'm sure there's a market for an IS Hybrid.

I take it the 4gr-fse will no longer be offered? Kinda liked that little v6, though I'd rather have the 2gr anyways. Guess the next gen 250 is out for me, not really looking forward to another 4 cyl.

#5 ·
I think it would be over kill and over redundant. Plus it would be competing with sales of the ES hybrid which I suspect will be Lexus' "volume" seller as far as hybrids go. I just don't think it makes good business sense if the IS is the "sporty" of the two entry sedans. Leave the falling asleep with the ES.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.