Toyota Nation Forum banner

Solara 1999 Performance

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NRDriver 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I just recently bought a 1999 Solara V6 with only about 57,000 miles on it. for a very reasonable price I bought and simply I believe the owner who happend to be a lady does not have any idea on putting on extra benificial gadgets like performance filter, tornado or the like, also spark plugs seems like having not replaced for a long time. Anyway I replaced them, have it transmission flushed, installed tornado, changed air filter to performance type and performance shift to a better than previous but looks like the gas mileage is just around 24 MPG on freeway with a bit on city driving. My question is: is this typical for such a model? Question no. 2: I heard others used a performance type spark plug wires to improve horsepower and fuel economy but when I surf the web I can't find any plug wires suitable to Solara 1999. And lastly, I would really appreciate it if anybody can give me an advice to improve its performance and fuel economy. Thanks all. This is my first time and more power to this forum.

CG Guy 2006

#2 · (Edited)
mpg

i have a 2000 solara trd and get 400 miles a tank on the highway and about 350 in town. keep in mind that i redline my car alot and its a manual.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398654

as far as looking for parts for the solara. its slim pickin. when u search for wires you will have better luck looking for the by engine type (which is 1MZFE) same engin as the camry and lexus ls300

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.