Toyota Nation Forum banner

1999 Solara Error Code P0171

12K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Halagao 
#1 ·
Hi,folks,
I'm new here,I hope you guys can give me some information on my 1999 camry solara.
This car runs 69000 miles. The problem is that the check engine light was on about half a year ago, I waited a few days, when I was about to do the error code reading, it just came off. However, the light is on since about two weeks ago, I went to autozone, they read the error code P0171. It explains that a rich or lean condition on one engine bank only was detected. The possible reason is
1.If bank one and two codes set together suspect fuel pressure or MAF sensor (I don't understand this, what does two codes set together mean?the guy from autozone didn't explain this well)
2.oxygen sensor defective
3. ignition misfire-repair
4. fuel injector problem
Does anyone knows what is the most common reason for this code?
Thanks a lot.

#3 ·
^^^true....also, could be a bad 02 sensor. When I got the code it was my rear 02 sensor, the one after the cataytic (bank 1, sensor 2).

Is the car stock or have you done some mods to it? If you've done some mods, they might play a part in it depending on what you've done.

#6 ·
I have a P0171 code reading. I cleaned the MAF, Replaced Fuel Filter, Replaced PCV Valve, Checked Hoses. When I put gas it feels flooded and hard to start. I even put fuel injector cleaner in tank. They just installed a Clutch kit. After installation Engine light came on. I checked all hoses and clamps. Still Engine light on. Especially at idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.