02 Solara/Remove Glove Box? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Solara

Solara Forum for discussion and information related to all generations of the Toyota Solara. 1st Generation (19992003) 2nd Generation (20042009)

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View howardscott's Photo Gallery
02 Solara/Remove Glove Box?

Hi, I wish to change the cabin filter (is that the same thing as my a/c filter) and cannot figure out how to remove my glove box. It has two plastic tabs that keep it from falling out, and despite pushing in on both sides, I cannot get it to open as I was told the cabin filter is behind the glove box. Someone else told me to remove a hinge on the right side of the glove box, but I don't see a hinge to remove. Any help would be great. I am a new member. Thanks so much. Howard
howardscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

View tracerich's Photo Gallery
Well Mr. Scott from Windsortuckey, on the right side of the glove box should be alittle plastic lift support, which allows the glove box to open slowly. Disconnect that. The two plastic tabs need to be removed. You push in and rotate them, and they come right out. And then the cabin filter is behind that. You don't have to remove the glove box, just lower it down out of the way. Have you been to the new McDonalds yet in Windsor?
tracerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

View CDN_SOL's Photo Gallery
can anyone confirm if the 02-03 solara has a "cabin air filter" i was told by many people it does not.....but have some doubts??? can any gen1.5 owners confirm??
CDN_SOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View wonger's Photo Gallery
most toyotas from 2000 and up had cabin air filter

toyota tundra never had it till 2007

tC can't use cabin air filters due to some bad effects on the a/c operation.. ( dont know why not but oh well i dont own one)
Old 03-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
New TN User

View MAC59's Photo Gallery
02 Solara/Remove Glove Box?

Hi Howard,
I have an mid year 02 Solara and it does not have a cabin filter. I have looked and torn out the glove box only to re-install it. Take the VIN# to your dealer and he can tell you if your car has a cabin filter. Good luck. MAC59
MAC59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Gadgetjq's Photo Gallery
Howard,

I searched several online suppliers sites and couldn't find an air conditioner filter for the Gen 1 Solara (there are several listed for the Gen 2).

I'd suggest checking your owners manual to see if it mentions anything about the filter (gen 2 has specific instructions in the manual for replacement).

Cheers
Gadgetjq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
New TN User

View derekmurr's Photo Gallery
While working on my friend's 02 Solara (Manufactured in late 2001) I also removed the glove box looking to replace the CAF and could not figure out where it could possibly be located. First of all on this model I could not simply press in on the side tabs to fold the glove box down, as the tabs on either side were way too long. One screw on the bottom left needed to be removed along with three along the top of the assembly (visible when the box is opened) and one BOLT in the lower section of the door area. After removing these fasteners the assembly was "jimmied" out of the dash. The fan was visible at that point but I could not locate any clips or trays that would lead me to believe that the CAF was an item that could easily be replaced on this model car. However, I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. Either way, I can say that I have taken the glove box out of a Solara now.
derekmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
New TN User

View sdnative1's Photo Gallery
NO SOLARA CABIN FILTER: 1999 - early 2002

It turns out the 1999 to mid 2002 Solara DOES NOT have the cabin filter. Now the question would be is there a way the dealer install one? Sort of like a aftermarket kit? The interior wasn't redesigned until a few years later so I don't see why not.
sdnative1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Solara