Tire Pressure Sensor Light - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Solara

Solara Forum for discussion and information related to all generations of the Toyota Solara. 1st Generation (19992003) 2nd Generation (20042009)

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Patty's Photo Gallery
USA Tire Pressure Sensor Light

I recently had my tires rotated and ever since have had a problem with the tire pressure sensor light in the car. I have reset it, but it keeps coming back on. This has been going on for about a month. Yesterday, I took the car back to where I had my tires rotated. They confirmed my tire pressure is fine in all of my tires. Whats up with this? How can I get the light to stay off?
Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
I smell McNuggets

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
View [SMAN]'s Photo Gallery
What year is the car?
[SMAN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pissed

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
View Camryamnesty's Photo Gallery
Is there a full size spare? if so check the tire pressure in the spare, if its low that may be the prob? do you have sensors? or rubber valve stems?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Xander Crews's Photo Gallery
The exact same thing happened in my '04. I was not happy that the dealerships were such dummies about it. They were not helpful and I did a lot of running around for them not to fix it.

If something is wrong other than a reset this won't work.

Next time you are at a long stop light with the car fully stopped press and hold in the reset button for at least 15 seconds. More if you can. This should resolve it. I've had to do it a few times after rotations and it has worked every time so far.
Xander Crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
I smell McNuggets

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
View [SMAN]'s Photo Gallery
yeah I had to reset mine as well. The 04 has a different system than the 06+ It uses the speed sensor on all 4 wheels, if 1 doesn't match, it throws the light. Mine was acting up lately, and i knew i had good pressure. So yeah the owners manual says how to reset it, but i think you have to be in park or have the parking break on or something while you hold it down for a while. You'll have to double check the manual.
[SMAN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
New TN User

View Froghair's Photo Gallery
USA

Patty, I just bought my daughter a new 07 Solara this Monday. She drove it from Jacksonville to Tallahassee and by the time she got there, the air pressure light was on. She called home and was really upset that her brand new car was already broken. She took it to a Toyota dealer the next day and they found all four tires low. I spoke to my dealer who was really surprised as they had just mounted the tires Monday night. He said it may be faulty valve stems and he'll replace them if it happens again. The stems have a chip in them that may have been damaged. The car was made in March and has been sitting around undriven until now, kit only had five miles on it (why?). Maybe this is your problem. Do you like your Solara?
Froghair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
New TN User

View lostru's Photo Gallery
My wife's did this last night after a rotation. Its an 06. I waited until the next morning for the pressure to stabilize with the cold front we just got. Set all 4 within .5 pounds. Turn the ignition to the run position and pushed the reset in until the indicator flashed three times. Problem solved.
lostru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Solara